Flickering board.

Flickering board.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3

Moves
13 Jul 06

On logging on at about 10.48 BST and making a move, all the men disappeared, but came back in succession after a couple of seconds with the move correctly made. I have never had the disappearing act happen before, has anyone else had this occur?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Jul 06

Originally posted by Essex 3
On logging on at about 10.48 BST and making a move, all the men disappeared, but came back in succession after a couple of seconds with the move correctly made. I have never had the disappearing act happen before, has anyone else had this occur?
Clear your cache, and press CTRL-F5.

D

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jul 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Clear your cache, and press CTRL-F5.

D
I have a similar problem and it seems to have come about when I had to format the HD and reload XP. I noticed the board refreshes from the top down, quick but not quick enough to see the pattern. It happens every time I change the position with the mouse if I am on a live game or analyze board, no differance.
The problem is clearly limited to that comp because right now I am on our laptop and it is working normally. The video card is a fairly strong one, an NVIDIA with 128 megs of memory so it should handle the board refresh easily. Its an annoying problem but not a killer. The note you said about clearing the cache doesn't hold for this situation I think because the comp just came back up with a newly formatted HD and RHP was one of the first sites I visited so there should not have been much cache to clear. What is the control F5 thing? What does that do?