1. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 02:39
    This is a feature request.

I've only been seriously playing chess for the past 2 weeks or so, but I've found that my brain sees different things when looking at the board from different sides. It may just be because I've just started, but I think a neat feature would be to be able to flip the board around. If you're black, look at the board from the white side, and vice versa.

Also, game detail and game history can only be viewed from the white position. If I am in the process of playing a game as black and it is white's move, I can't see the game from my side of the board.

If the game is over, I can't replay the game from my opponent's viewpoint in game history.

The summary is that I sometimes would like to see it from the other side, and would be happy to see that on the some day feature list.

Thanks, I love the site.
  2. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 07:58
    Originally posted by Darkhog
    If I am in the process of playing a game as black and it is white's move, I can't see the game from my side of the board.

Actually, Details->Move history does allow me to see my game in progress from the perspective of the side I am playing.

Thanks again!
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 20:24
    I do need to put this feature in. And at some point in the near future it will happen.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree