1. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 03:41
    i think we need some sort of tool that lets us know how are clan members are doing.. how many clan matches they are involved in.. how they've been doing in clan matches (win/loose/draw) and how many clan matches they actually want. Its easy when you have a small clan, but when you get more then a few clan members, its not always easy to keep track of all that!
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 11:48
    Originally posted by jcandance
    its not always easy to keep track of all that!
    Actually I reckon it's impossible! πŸ˜•

Andrew
  3. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 14:13
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Actually I reckon it's impossible! πŸ˜•

Andrew
    exactly my point... so a "clan leader" tool would be helpful!
  4. e2
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 14:23
    It is great to have a leader so concerned with how many games we have / want. I would be very much in favor of any tools to make that job easier!
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 14:35
    I disagree with you all, go to the website of the Dutch Clan and see the results page for yourself!πŸ™‚

I keep track of it in an Excel Sheet, that is update twice a day and I update the website about once a week...πŸ™‚

Olav
  6. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 14:46
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    I disagree with you all, go to the website of the Dutch Clan and see the results page for yourself!πŸ™‚

I keep track of it in an Excel Sheet, that is update twice a day and I update the website about once a week...πŸ™‚

Olav
    well good for you Mr Fancy Pants πŸ™„ And that involved checking all the games, keeping up with that, clicking on a match, going back to the spreadsheet, and that's more work then i have time for twice a day. Especially when it probably can be done pretty easily with SQL. I don't know, but the average clan leader doesn't really want to spend all that time he doesn't have too.
    LL, I'm in a set of clan matches that started on August 31. I've improved alot since we started, but you move once every few days. Maybe thats the way you like it.. update your clan excel sheet twice a day, and move twice a week, but I'm mainly here to play chess, so yes I would love a tool that helped me with my clan duties, especially for those weeks where i don't have much time but want to keep my clan happy.

Side note LL, don't take this as a mean or angry response... i simply am saying that priorities are differnt. If I spend any more time on this site or working with chess then I already do, my girlfriend will probably kill me... or just leave πŸ™„
  7. Amsterdam
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 14:59
    well good for you Mr Fancy Pants πŸ™„ And that involved checking all the games, keeping up with that, clicking on a match, going back to the spreadsheet, and that's more work then i have time for twice a day. Especially when it probably can be done pretty easily with SQL. I don't know, but the average clan leader doesn't really want to spend all that ...[text shortened]... or working with chess then I already do, my girlfriend will probably kill me... or just leave πŸ™„
    Well...to be totally honest, I don't have time for it as well, but I still do it...am I not a great leader?πŸ˜›πŸ™„πŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ˜€

No offense taken, but it's a 14-day T/O, so I could move every two weeks if I would like to do so...πŸ™„

I get more of these...euhm...request to move more often, but I have school, Basketball, Rugby and other things as well....so I'm sorry, but I am not always able to move as soon as my opponent makes a move...and above that, I have a ridiculously high amount of games, wich it seems I can't get any lowerπŸ˜•

And in our games you are so far behind that it is you who is holding up the process here I guess..., but hey! I don't care, you're a nice chap!πŸ˜›

Good luck with your clan...πŸ™‚

Olav

8. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 15:08
    Well...to be totally honest, I don't have time for it as well, but I still do it...am I not a great leader?πŸ˜›πŸ™„πŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ˜€

No offense taken, but it's a 14-day T/O, so I could move every two weeks if I would like to do so...πŸ™„

I get more of these...euhm...request to move more often, but I have school, Basketball, Rugby and other things as well....so ...[text shortened]... ..., but hey! I don't care, you're a nice chap!πŸ˜›

Good luck with your clan...πŸ™‚

Olav

so given the situation, wouldn't something that does all that for you make life easier? So you can spend more time with school, basketball, rugby, and chess rather then doing spreadsheets? My point EXACTLY
  9. Amsterdam
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 16:00
    so given the situation, wouldn't something that does all that for you make life easier? So you can spend more time with school, basketball, rugby, and chess rather then doing spreadsheets? My point EXACTLY
    Hm...you got me there...πŸ˜›

But I never claimed that it wouldn't be easier for us as clan leaders, I just said that it can be done without something like that...πŸ™‚

But it's a good idea, I agree...πŸ™‚

Olav
  10. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 23:07
    Hm...you got me there...πŸ˜›

But I never claimed that it wouldn't be easier for us as clan leaders, I just said that it can be done without something like that...πŸ™‚

But it's a good idea, I agree...πŸ™‚

Olav
    that's all i was saying...
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Nov '03 11:40
    I've thought of this and have volunteererd to do some PHP coding to try and get this going, but I think Russ is too busy at the moment to give attention to this.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=6092
  12. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    08 Nov '03 14:58
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I've thought of this and have volunteererd to do some PHP coding to try and get this going, but I think Russ is too busy at the moment to give attention to this.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=6092
    I'm sure he is, but it's still an improvment that I would like to see.. that's simply the point πŸ™‚
  13. Standard memberFiathahel
    Artist in Drawing
    in your fridge
    Moves
    10 Nov '03 13:18
    It would also be nice to see the current status of all clan challenges in one view, so that you don't have to click them individualy.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Nov '03 10:52
    Originally posted by Fiathahel
    It would also be nice to see the current status of all clan challenges in one view, so that you don't have to click them individualy.
    I know it is not what everyone really wanted, but I did a quick bit of work this morning for clan leaders. A new option on the button bar will take you to a page showing everyone’s overall game commitments.

-Russ
  15. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    11 Nov '03 11:375 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    I know it is not what everyone really wanted, but I did a quick bit of work this morning for clan leaders. A new option on the button bar will take you to a page showing everyone’s overall game commitments.

-Russ
    Nice try Russ but unfortunately, at least for me, that is all very interesting but really useless in the context of organising clan games. What we really need to know is how many CLAN games is each of our members involved in. πŸ™‚ What we really need is the ability for players to set their maximum number of clan games separately to their normal games. Or, if not actually 'set' to be able to enter an 'ideal' number which would appear next to the number they are currently involved in. In my clan, for example, I have players whose game limit is a lot lower than the number of games they are actually playing - because the difference is made up of clan games... so they come up with 0% availability on the current list which of course isn't true. πŸ™‚

Andrew

PS. I'm not sure how you would cope with multiple clan membership - perhaps they would have to enter an ideal number of games for each clan? And of course the clan leader only really wants to see the number of clan games that the individual is involved in as part of the leaders clan - not other clans (unless we could know both figures?).

PPS. Now that we've lost the ability to see who we've included in a clan challenge after we've made it perhaps we could also have a figure for the number of pending games player is potentially going to be included in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree