1. Joined
    08 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 21:24
    I think it would be very useful to have a free play board available from the main icons along the top of the screen.
    I've been reading the posts on these forums, when someone mentions some great opening move, and I have to go and find one of my games, open it up, click on analyze board and reset it, just to see what the poster is talking about!
    If I could just fire up a board from there, it would be great!

What say you all?????
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Dec '03 10:04
    Originally posted by Midnight
    I think it would be very useful to have a free play board available from the main icons along the top of the screen.
    I've been reading the posts on these forums, when someone mentions some great opening move, and I have to go and find one of my games, open it up, click on analyze board and reset it, just to see what the poster is talking about!
    If I could just fire up a board from there, it would be great!

What say you all?????
    well, click on analyse board and go to the start of the game. then you can play as you want!
    this is a correspondence chess iste, people discuss about chess in the forum, but it's not the site's frist goal I think.
    th
  3. Standard memberdivideby
    Behind 3 Pawns
    Kingside
    Moves
    24 Dec '03 10:06
    Well, there is a very simple solution to that problem...just download WinBoard (windows) or XBoard (unix). These are probably the simplest and most user-friendly chess engines - I use Winboard all the time while surfing through the posts on RHP 😉

You can download both of them from the following site:
    http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Dec '03 12:58
    ..and some advertinsing for another chess GUI: www.playwitharena.com is wonderful!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree