1. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:24
    My nephew has been given Fritz 9. It doesn't install properly - several files with endings like "cko" or "cp2" don't load. As the chess player in the family I am expected to fix it! Plan A (get a replacement from Amazon) got me nowhere as the replacement does the same. Has anyone else come across this?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 13:57
    Originally posted by Mixo
    My nephew has been given Fritz 9. It doesn't install properly - several files with endings like "cko" or "cp2" don't load. As the chess player in the family I am expected to fix it! Plan A (get a replacement from Amazon) got me nowhere as the replacement does the same. Has anyone else come across this?
    Tell us more about the computer and operating system. Could be some help. Also try shutting down any virus protection running on the machine. Be sure to turn it back on.

P-
  3. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 19:27
    The system is Pentium 4 with Windows XP (Home). The message which popped up a few times during installation was "file doesn't match cab file".
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 21:31
    Originally posted by Mixo
    The system is Pentium 4 with Windows XP (Home). The message which popped up a few times during installation was "file doesn't match cab file".
    I don't have Fritz so can't comment on it,

however have seen this error on some role playing games, I think it means the CD is considered faulty by Windoze
    One solution is to copy the entire CD to your hard drive and try running set up from there, otherwise contact the lovely people at Amazon for a replacement
    🙂
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:103 edits
    Originally posted by Turfmoor
    I don't have Fritz so can't comment on it,

however have seen this error on some role playing games, I think it means the CD is considered faulty by Windoze
    One solution is to copy the entire CD to your hard drive and try running set up from there, otherwise contact the lovely people at Amazon for a replacement
    🙂
    He already went with a replacement disk I understand.

The computer should be fine, but was it protected with virus scans updated and such? Some people have computers that they don't keep up to date, and this might be a problem.

My Fritz is on an AMD Duron with XP Home, and I didn't have problems. Not sure if I shut off virus scan, but must say I didn't have any problems.

I hope the computer is on high-speed, and you should check to see everything is up to date and run the virus scan. You might want to check the computer to be sure it's all up to date in every aspect since you already tried with 2 fresh CD's.

Good luck.

Just an after thought, you might also try to install a game from CD you have to see if it works as a test... that computer should run some sweet programs, I'd bring my Unreal CD's or Cakewalk or something just to see if I could install another program from CD. Never know if the CD player is acting up?@!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree