1. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 23:49
    Hello,

My games have not updated, and the total archive for RHP games has been stuck at 9,479,960 for a while -- perhaps a month or two. I seem to also recollect it slowing down at some point year ago, but I remember when I had initially joined the site, it was updated quite frequently.

I was wondering if there is a schedule for when games are archived and added to the Game Explorer, or if there is some issue with it that will perhaps be fixed later?

And, kind of an odd question but relevant, when the new Blitz chess feature comes out, will those games also be archived in Game Explorer and in our RHP accounts? Or is that unclear as of now?

Love the site & thanks much for taking the time to respond.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 17:29
    The game explorer failing to update will be addressed next week. A server update is imminent - so a good time to take a look at this.

Regarding the live/blitz, until that has settled in, games will not be recorded (and no rating initially), but can be added to the games explorer under a different tab in future. One step at a time, unfortunately.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Sep '20 23:32
    @russ said
    The game explorer failing to update will be addressed next week. A server update is imminent - so a good time to take a look at this.

Regarding the live/blitz, until that has settled in, games will not be recorded (and no rating initially), but can be added to the games explorer under a different tab in future. One step at a time, unfortunately.
    Excellent, thank you much for the information. I appreciate it. I have always thought that one of RHP's distinguishing features is the game explorer where it doesn't divide your games by whether you were black/white in the game, which I appreciated it.

I also really look forward to the Blitz feature -- have a great week. ^^
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 13:501 edit
    @philokalia said
    I was wondering if there is a schedule for when games are archived and added to the Game Explorer, or if there is some issue with it that will perhaps be fixed later?
    This has now been resolved - I'll keep a closer eye on this in future - because as you noticed, the job stalled, and it went unnoticed (by me).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree