1. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    28 Aug '03 07:011 edit
    Russ
    i use to be able to view the game history scroll through the game and then go back to playing the game via link. That link now seems to be missing.

Also maybe related. i use to be able to search public games, say i want to see how many time Ryhmester has beaten me. Then when i see all the poor results from previous games, i could select the game history from our current game and review it. If i then noticed that it was my turn there was a link to play game (or some such) where i could then make my move.

Have these missing links purposely been removed or is it a bug ?

-mike
  2. Standard memberIvorW
    Arbortrudor
    London, UK
    Moves
    28 Aug '03 12:11
    Originally posted by trekkie
    Russ
    i use to be able to view the game history scroll through the game and then go back to playing the game via link. That link now seems to be missing.

Also maybe related. i use to be able to search public games, say i want to see how many time Ryhmester has beaten me. Then when i see all the poor results from previous games, i could select the game hi ...[text shortened]... hen make my move.

Have these missing links purposely been removed or is it a bug ?

-mike
    The browser's back button does it for me. I was never aware of a special link to take me back to the game.
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    02 Jan '04 11:27
    Russ
    I asked you about this months ago. I only remebered about it when i tried doing it a couple of days ago. I do not always want to use analyse board if i just want to see the last few moves i made.

Please, can we have the link back.

mike

4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jan '04 14:52
    Originally posted by trekkie
    Russ
    I asked you about this months ago. I only remebered about it when i tried doing it a couple of days ago. I do not always want to use analyse board if i just want to see the last few moves i made.

Please, can we have the link back.

mike

The analyse board and game history pages are effectively the same. (They share common code). So is there something specific about the game history page that you want?

-Russ
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    02 Jan '04 23:06
    This is more for the archived games, whether i search for them in public games or scroll through ALL of my archives (i would more commonly do the former), i click on the game and get the game history page. Now in some games especially the ones where i am studying the moves i make and why i make them, the messages are as important as the moves made.

So if the game history page had the return to game link placed back, I could go back into my game as see the messages. Instead now I have to write the correct URL mannually so that I can see the game and the messages.

thanks
    mike
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '04 11:58
    I will try to sneek this change in before our next release (today or tomorrow)

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '04 18:23
    Ok, this is done. Whenever anyone views the boardhistory of a game they are involved in, they can click through to the main board.

As of the next release.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    03 Jan '04 21:52
    Thanks Russ
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '04 22:01
    This has just been made live tonight.

-Russ
  10. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 23:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    The analyse board and game history pages are effectively the same. (They share common code). ...
    What is faster: when I click on the game history or on the analyse board? or is it the same?
    there is more info in the history...
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree