1. Joined
    04 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 22:26
    Why did you wulr Black wins after onlhy 4 moves? That is crazy and unfiar. My cmputer crashed andI could not reply for over 10 days. To say Black sinws because of time passing is a bad and unfair rule. I strongly object. Please give me the right to congtinue the game now that my computer has be restored to service. John Gunn.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 00:00
    Time controls (chess clocks) are an important part of the game of chess, and very necessary on a chess website where people wander off all the time. Think of the opposite effect: you have 10 won games on your list, and your opponents just refuse to make their moves. That would be far more frustrating, I think. Did you really have no access to any computer (work, school, public library, friend's phone) for ten days??????
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 01:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 01:32
    If I hadn't read this twice I'd not believe it...
    I can believe that people do rely upon just one computer, laptop etc...
    I can believe that people time out folk after just four moves, it's within the rules...I would be surprised if the opponent didn't try to contact the OP however, but the game is 10days overdue I'm reminded.
    I cannot believe that people would 'strongly object' to such a loss and demand right to continue the game as 'my computer has been restored to service'...
    Hmmm, nope, perhaps I'd better read it all again 😀
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Jack Gunn
    Why did you wulr Black wins after onlhy 4 moves? That is crazy and unfiar. My cmputer crashed andI could not reply for over 10 days. To say Black sinws because of time passing is a bad and unfair rule. I strongly object. Please give me the right to congtinue the game now that my computer has be restored to service. John Gunn.
    The first thing I did when I joined this site was look through the rules.
    If you don't agree with them, then don't play -simple as that.
    I can't believe you were in a winning position after only 4 moves so it's not as if you were on the brink of victory when your computer became unavailable.
    if this game is SO important to you contact your opponent by pm and agree to replicate the moves in a new game.
    If not - forget it and move on

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree