1. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 11:08
    Why does it say I have a game waiting for my move when I don't?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 17:08
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    Why does it say I have a game waiting for my move when I don't?
    Sometimes it shows 'games waiting' when all boards are returned but a conditional move is being observed...a few mins in which the system takes to return the board to your opposition...
  3. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Sometimes it shows 'games waiting' when all boards are returned but a conditional move is being observed...a few mins in which the system takes to return the board to your opposition...
    Mine has been showing a game waiting for several hours, but there is no game awaiting my move. Or it shows one more game waiting than there actually is.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 19:461 edit
    Mine has been showing a game waiting for several hours, but there is no game awaiting my move. Or it shows one more game waiting than there actually is.
    Hmmm, curious, you haven't got a game that's sat awaiting your first move have you...I've noted a few people that have posted here with 'A' game that they've not been aware of for years, one that they never moved in.
    However, I've just had a cursory look at your games and I cannot find one. Just another idea, but a closer look might be in order...
  5. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 20:29
    Hmmm, curious, you haven't got a game that's sat awaiting your first move have you...I've noted a few people that have posted here with 'A' game that they've not been aware of for years, one that they never moved in.
    However, I've just had a cursory look at your games and I cannot find one. Just another idea, but a closer look might be in order...
    No, I move in all games every day if my opponent has moved, and I check all games every day too. Right at the moment, I have 4 games awaiting my move on my games list, but I'm notified that I have 5 games waiting.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:291 edit
    No, I move in all games every day if my opponent has moved, and I check all games every day too. Right at the moment, I have 4 games awaiting my move on my games list, but I'm notified that I have 5 games waiting.
    Just for clarity here, only from what I can observe; when I check your ongoing games I count 34, and the ongoing taken from your profile says 34...
    There are no 'ghost' games ( 'last moved, never moved' games ), so I'm at a loss over this one I'm afraid...
    I'm wondering if it's some kind of glitch; are you using the new Beta site by any chance ?
  7. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 00:05
    It is possible that you opponent moves his/her pawn to the 8th rank and submit moves with selecting a piece. It will show as your move when it is actually your opponent's move and your opponent will never be able to make a move. This problem is permanent and can never be solved. I have seen this in threads that I have read earlier.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
    It is possible that you opponent moves his/her pawn to the 8th rank and submit moves with selecting a piece. It will show as your move when it is actually your opponent's move and your opponent will never be able to make a move. This problem is permanent and can never be solved. I have seen this in threads that I have read earlier.
    Good point, I'm not sure whether this 'scam' has been fixed yet but as you say it involves not actually promoting the pawn to a piece...your opposition can return the board at that promotion point, but until that player actually picks a piece the game just 'hangs'...

I've checked however, and there are no games approaching pawn promotion...
    Edit: Funnily enough it's far far easier making cursory checks of games when using the 'old' site, the mini board are absent in Beta...
  9. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 00:56
    None of my opponents in their games are presently in a position to promote a pawn, so it can't be this.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 03:361 edit

the mini board are absent in Beta...
    New site has the single-line approach by default, but the mini boards are available at a click - buttons are just below the header line.
  11. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 08:24
    But it still shows I have one more game awaiting my move than I really have. For example, if I have 0 games waiting, it shows I have 1 game waiting, or if I have 8 games waiting, it shows I have 9 games waiting. How do I correct that?
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 08:48
    But it still shows I have one more game awaiting my move than I really have. For example, if I have 0 games waiting, it shows I have 1 game waiting, or if I have 8 games waiting, it shows I have 9 games waiting. How do I correct that?
    That minor problem has been around since at least 2007, and it hasn't worried anyone sufficiently to give Russ a hard time about it. I believe they'll fix your numbers if you send feedback, but since the new site is completely rewritten code the problem may disappear by itself. Have you checked the new site?
  13. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 15:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    That minor problem has been around since at least 2007, and it hasn't worried anyone sufficiently to give Russ a hard time about it. I believe they'll fix your numbers if you send feedback, but since the new site is completely rewritten code the problem may disappear by itself. Have you checked the new site?
    I didn't know there was a new sight. How do I get there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree