1. Joined
    23 Apr '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 06:49
    Hi, looking at "My Stats" ( in "My Profile" or "My Home" ) I have at the moment 862 games played but only 846 games rated. I'm pretty sure that ALL my games were rated.
    Why is there a difference and why is it growing slowly but surely?

Thanks for your help!
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:08
    Originally posted by sbini
    Hi, looking at "My Stats" ( in "My Profile" or "My Home" ) I have at the moment 862 games played but only 846 games rated. I'm pretty sure that ALL my games were rated.
    Why is there a difference and why is it growing slowly but surely?

Thanks for your help!
    I think you are correct. According to my stats I played 22 games unrated and I know I played unrated games, but I seriously doubt that much.
    I think there is some bug in the site that causes some games to report as unrated when they finish.

I doubt Admins can do anything about it without hard data. Like specific games that you just finished that went unrated eventho they were rated.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:12
    1. A game which terminates before the third move will register a win or loss but will be classed as unrated.
    2. Strong players wanting to play friendly coaching games, which may accidentally result in an undeserved loss for them, may set up unrated games for that purpose.

Whether a particular game is unrated, or not, is not always apparent. The only places where rating is shown are the info button in MyGames and some of the pgn/fen access pages. If your opponent has created unrated games you may not have observed the fact.

There may be other factors, or there may be a bug in the game count. With your game numbers it could take some time to work out what the problem is.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:13
    Moreover: Ive sent feedback about these incorrect stats somewhere late febuary 2008. Asked them to fix it and they did.

Heres an old thread: Thread 87188.
  5. Joined
    23 Apr '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:14
    I hardly collect skulls in interesting games or games of buddies - is it possible (in non tournament games) that the system stops games that haven't seen any action in e.g. 2 months? That could explain this behaviour.
  6. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:16
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    1. A game which terminates before the third move will register a win or loss but will be classed as unrated.
    Are you sure? If I play a tournament, all games are rated. If my opponent doesnt move at all, and I claim the win I dont get any rating points. But the game should just report as rated (because its a rated game)?
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 08:18
    Originally posted by sbini
    I hardly collect skulls in interesting games or games of buddies - is it possible (in non tournament games) that the system stops games that haven't seen any action in e.g. 2 months? That could explain this behaviour.
    No. Not two months. Thread 126730.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree