1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Feb '10 13:331 edit
    We are about to change the way we archive the huge volume of game moves played at RHP since we launched.

But to benefit from the change we need to conclude many games which remain unfinished for unknown reasons (presumably, where one player is active, that player is just being courteous to their opponent and hoping they return.)

We cannot make exceptions, so if you are waiting on a skull on an inactive game started over a year ago, please take it. Further details about this process later.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 05:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    We are about to change the way we archive the huge volume of game moves played at RHP since we launched.

But to benefit from the change we need to conclude many games which remain unfinished for unknown reasons (presumably, where one player is active, that player is just being courteous to their opponent and hoping they return.)

We cannot make exception ...[text shortened]... active game started over a year ago, please take it. Further details about this process later.
    Are any games deleted?

I can imagine that games of one move, or two, is deleted, but longer games gives information about nasty opening traps, or give statistics to the gameexplorer.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 10:10
    Just timeouts in this process.

Most games with no moves have been removed in previous clean-ups.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 11:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    Just timeouts in this process.

Most games with no moves have been removed in previous clean-ups.
    So you don't delete the games with hanging time-outs? Just end them with no win/loss-points?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree