1. Graceland.
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 16:10
    Hi. 2 suggestions.

1. Can you keep a session object/cookie to remember the status of the 'go to next game' checkbox ? Annoying when I'm playing against one person to have to unclick that box.

2. Again a 'go to next game issue'. Perhaps provide an ignore flag for games where you dont want to make a move or want to go to later, or provide a filter so you can select which players you want to play against.

EG: In a tournament I have 2 games against someone (white and black) and we are moving pretty fast. I would like to only see his games when I go to my next game.

cheers
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 16:54
    1. Can you keep a session object/cookie to remember the status of the 'go to next game' checkbox ? Annoying when I'm playing against one person to have to unclick that box.
    This is already implemented:

Go under "My Settings" -> "My Site Settings", and and uncheck the "Go to next waiting game after move by default" checkbox.

That should do it! 🙂

-Jarno
  3. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 17:20
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Hi. 2 suggestions.

2. Again a 'go to next game issue'. Perhaps provide an ignore flag for games where you dont want to make a move or want to go to later, or provide a filte ...[text shortened]... are moving pretty fast. I would like to only see his games when I go to my next game.

cheers
    No.2 is there as well - just click on 'skip'😀
  4. Graceland.
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 15:45
    Originally posted by colleman
    No.2 is there as well - just click on 'skip'😀
    That does help, however each time you want to change the setting you have to do 3 steps to do that. A much simpler way (I know as develop web applications) is simply to read the currenty status of the checkbox and keep it. IE: If ticked, then keep ticked, if not ticket, then keep unticked.

cheers
  5. Graceland.
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 15:48
    And skip will ignore a game until you go back to it ? Skip will only go to the next game, but when you have 40 games on the go it is faster to go to 'all games' and pick out what game you want, than to click skip 10 times.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    That does help, however each time you want to change the setting you have to do 3 steps to do that. A much simpler way (I know as develop web applications) is simply to read the currenty status of the checkbox and keep it. IE: If ticked, then keep ticked, if not ticket, then keep unticked.

cheers
    This is an excellent idea. As you say, it is a fairly simple fix - but not quite that straightforward as there is a redirection involved too.

I have already made the fix on my dev box, but I will release it tomorrow because I need to bundle up a few other things before I do the obligatory testing. (groan)

-Russ
  7. Graceland.
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 20:55
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is an excellent idea. As you say, it is a fairly simple fix - but not quite that straightforward as there is a redirection involved too.

I have already made the fix on my dev box, but I will release it tomorrow because I need to bundle up a few other things before I do the obligatory testing. (groan)

-Russ
    Looking forward to it !

Keep up the good work..

8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Feb '04 14:491 edit
    I scrapped the changes I made, and this is what we now have :

The option on the 'site settings' page to change the auto next game is now obsolete - toggling on/off next game waiting on the board view is now permanent.

Whilst fixing this I decided to tidy up a few other things that people have complained about too. (Mainly raising the profile of options people have asked for, even though they already exist - and providing a bit of 'inline' help.)

-Russ

9. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    14 Feb '04 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    I scrapped the changes I made, and this is what we now have :
    Hi Russ,

The feature isn't working as I would expect it.

This is what I see:
    - On the playchess.php I click on 'Disable auto next game waiting' and disable the checkbox 'View next game after move'
    - Then I make my move.
    - I am still taken to the next game, now!?
    - If I make my move for that second game I remain at that one.
    -> I think the feature kicks in too late. I would expect that I remain already at my first game!

I think this should be fixed or am I missing something?

Gotti
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Feb '04 19:04
    Sounds like a fix is required.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Feb '04 06:51
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    Hi Russ,

The feature isn't working as I would expect it.

This is what I see:
    - On the playchess.php I click on 'Disable auto next game waiting' and disable the checkbox 'View next game after move'
    - Then I make my move.
    - I am still taken to the next game, now!?
    - If I make my move for that second game I remain at that one.
    -> I think the f ...[text shortened]... in already at my first game!

I think this should be fixed or am I missing something?

Gotti
    I can confirm this!!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree