1. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 09:432 edits
    ok I have read a lot about these and they look very useful BUT I appear to be a dumbass and am not sure what I need to do to get the most out of FireFox here on RHP. So far I have installed the RHP Extension but this only does so much. I like the idea of the Greasemonkey scripts but I am not certain what I need to do to make use of these. 😳

I click the link for the .js file (e.g. http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp_all.user.js) and it just opens the javascript as text in the browser. Do I need to save this somewhere or something, to make it work?

I can see that some do work (country name displayed when hovering over a flag) but other dont appear to do what they say they will (rhp.user.js & rhp_tables.user.js) 🙁

P.S. Just in case, I checked and I do have Javascript enabled.

Any help with this would be much appreciated since I am obviously too dumb to figure this simple task out 😳
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 11:22
    Originally posted by MCA
    ok I have read a lot about these and they look very useful BUT I appear to be a dumbass and am not sure what I need to do to get the most out of FireFox here on RHP. So far I have installed the RHP Extension but this only does so much. I like the idea of the Greasemonkey scripts but I am not certain what I need to do to make use of these. 😳

I click the link ...[text shortened]... h this would be much appreciated since I am obviously too dumb to figure this simple task out 😳
    Have you been to this page and looked through all the other scripts ?

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

I think that link of yours is for just one of them...
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 11:30
    Originally posted by MCA

I click the link ...[text shortened]... h this would be much appreciated since I am obviously too dumb to figure this simple task out 😳
    First and foremost, you need the Greasemonkey extension...
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Then click on the scripts, and chose install.

D
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 11:471 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Have you been to this page and looked through all the other scripts ?

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

I think that link of yours is for just one of them...
    yeah i have - i just posted that link as an example

looks like ragnorak might have the answer to my problem as i dont think i have been to that page before - ill try that and post back if i still have probs.

cheers ppl.

[edit:] yup thats it - suppose it would help if i had the correct addon added huh 😳 - i thought i just needed the RHP addon for this

you wouldn't believe I was a web-developer huh 😳[/edit]
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 13:33
    Originally posted by MCA
    yeah i have - i just posted that link as an example

looks like ragnorak might have the answer to my problem as i dont think i have been to that page before - ill try that and post back if i still have probs.

cheers ppl.

[edit:] yup thats it - suppose it would help if i had the correct addon added huh 😳 - i thought i just needed the RHP addon for this

you wouldn't believe I was a web-developer huh 😳[/edit]
    Isn't it great stuff!

P-
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 13:431 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Isn't it great stuff!

P-
    hell yeah!!! - well worth the (very little) effort to get it going ... once i was pointed in the right direction

I cant believe I have been here sooooo long and am only just getting round to using it now.

I see the RHP extension has a move notification option - does this mean I can now remove my RHPTray icon??
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 14:25
    Originally posted by MCA
    hell yeah!!! - well worth the (very little) effort to get it going ... once i was pointed in the right direction

I cant believe I have been here sooooo long and am only just getting round to using it now.

I see the RHP extension has a move notification option - does this mean I can now remove my RHPTray icon??
    It sure does. Mine shows up bottom right of my browser. 2 games waiting, and it takes me to RHP. Rather it took me to TFC... but I don't really use it anyway.

P-
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It sure does. Mine shows up bottom right of my browser. 2 games waiting, and it takes me to RHP. Rather it took me to TFC... but I don't really use it anyway.

P-
    You can actually specify which site it takes you to - in the add-on options.
    Mine goes straight to playtheimmortalgame - where all the kewl people go.

😉
  9. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 17:30
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    You can actually specify which site it takes you to - in the add-on options.
    Mine goes straight to playtheimmortalgame - where all the kewl people go.

😉
    cool cool - job done

PTIM is also the one I use, so does that me one of the "kewl people" now?? good stuff, dont think i have ever been counted in that group lol

cheers for all your help guys

happy playing

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree