1. Joined
    12 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 06:58
    This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

Thanks,
    kjl291
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 08:41
    this is also my major wish... but Russ knows it!

th
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    05 Feb '04 07:51
    What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    05 Feb '04 14:51
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.
    read a list of bugs at http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871&page=1
    Arena and Scid do not like RHP "pgn"...
    th
  5. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    05 Feb '04 16:34
    Originally posted by kjl291
    This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

Thanks,
    kjl291
    Hi,

Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Feb '04 07:161 edit
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    Hi,

Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris
    I am very patienct, see here: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871
    (and the dates when the posts were made)
    ...and I am still hoping... 😵
    I know that there is a very cool tool by Roland Young, but it's just easier to have directly the "good" pgn...
    th
  7. Joined
    12 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 08:29
    New and improved pgn is great...thank you, thank you, thank you...

Now for another suggestion (I'm such an ingrate). What about the possibility of have pgn games availabe in "bulk" for those of us who would like to analyze a batch of games at once, instead of having to cut and paste each and every time. Perhaps in batches of ten games or something like that? I know, it's asking a lot...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree