Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 04 Feb '04 06:58
    This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

    Thanks,
    kjl291
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    04 Feb '04 08:41
    this is also my major wish... but Russ knows it!

    th
  3. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    05 Feb '04 07:51
    What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    05 Feb '04 14:51
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    What's wrong with the pgn?Fritz has no problem with it and neither does chessbase.
    read a list of bugs at http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871&page=1
    Arena and Scid do not like RHP "pgn"...
    th
  5. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    05 Feb '04 16:34
    Originally posted by kjl291
    This site is wonderful. I only have one complaint. PGN! This is a BIG problem, as PGN that is not in standard notation is not true PGN. Please fix this as sson as possible. I am a subscriber and one of the main reasons I joined was to be able to keep a collection of my games for analysis, and I saw that pgn was available. Please fix!

    Thanks,
    kjl291
    Hi,

    Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

    Thanks for your patience.

    -Chris
  6. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    15 Feb '04 07:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    Hi,

    Sorry about this - I will correct this very shortly.

    Thanks for your patience.

    -Chris
    I am very patienct, see here: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4871
    (and the dates when the posts were made)
    ...and I am still hoping... 😵
    I know that there is a very cool tool by Roland Young, but it's just easier to have directly the "good" pgn...
    th
  7. 17 Feb '04 08:29
    New and improved pgn is great...thank you, thank you, thank you...

    Now for another suggestion (I'm such an ingrate). What about the possibility of have pgn games availabe in "bulk" for those of us who would like to analyze a batch of games at once, instead of having to cut and paste each and every time. Perhaps in batches of ten games or something like that? I know, it's asking a lot...