1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    22 Jul '03 17:20
    Possibly a better indicator of whether a player is online would be a green dot if there had been a page request from their machine in the last x minutes, rather than a move. That way prolonged forum discussions, etc. could be facilitated.
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    22 Jul '03 18:57
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Possibly a better indicator of whether a player is online would be a green dot if there had been a page request from their machine in the last x minutes, rather than a move. That way prolonged forum discussions, etc. could be facilitated.
    I think the problem here is that just because someone is on-line doesn't mean that they are available to play, or chat in the forums for example... they could be getting up to date with their duties as a clan leader, sorting their archives or writing messages etc.

Rhymester
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    22 Jul '03 19:38
    That's what I mean...I'd like to know someone is online, rather than that they have moved recently, which I can do from 'public games'.
  4. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    23 Jul '03 06:44
    I think it would be nice if we could turn it on or off at our own discrection. That way a person could be online but be a little descrete (like if you wanted to read the forums but didn't want to move, or something similar). I also think this would be good because of personal experience in which I have been logged on and very attentive, but none of my opponents have moved recently. I may want to start a new game, but the lack of a green dot at the time doesn't reflect the actual amount of attention that I am giving the site at the moment.

I think it would be good if the " green dot" was another function from the My Home page, with personal settings and preferences for it and such. If it ever were to be a personal option, it could be done so that instead of it coming on for x amount of time after a move, it could be turned on from the My Home page with an automatic turn off time that could also be set from personal prefences and settings. I believe that this would allow for maximum flexibility and personal enjoyment of the feature.

However the green dot ends up being done, I am very happy that we have it now. Three cheers for Russ! 🙂
  5. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    23 Jul '03 09:34
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    I think it would be nice if we could turn it on or off at our own discrection. That way a person could be online but be a little descrete (like if you wanted to read the forums but didn't want to move, or something similar). I also think this would be good because of personal experience in which I have been logged on and very attentive, but none of my opp ...[text shortened]... the green dot ends up being done, I am very happy that we have it now. Three cheers for Russ! 🙂
    Ignore this post, for I am a fool. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree