1. Joined
    10 Dec '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:05
    The main board is showing a move that differs from the move I made, which is reflected correctly in the game log

See game id 7484275
    Move 27 Black pf5 on game log - this was the move I made
    Move 28 White pxf6 - which assumes the move I made was pf6 - this is what is now on the main board but incorrect.

Can this be changed back to the correct position pre move 28 or if not how do I void the game other than by offering a draw - under 24 hours left before I timeout.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:14
    Originally posted by pepecantcatch
    The main board is showing a move that differs from the move I made, which is reflected correctly in the game log

See game id 7484275
    Move 28 White pxf6 - which assumes the move I made was pf6 - this is what is now on the main board but incorrect.

Can this be changed back to the correct po ...[text shortened]... not how do I void the game other than by offering a draw - under 24 hours left before I timeout.
    Seems quite correct to me.
    The rule-checking routine is flawless. If the system says it is correct, it is. If you try to do something illegal, it won't accept it.
    Go on from this position.
  3. Joined
    10 Dec '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Seems quite correct to me.
    The rule-checking routine is flawless. If the system says it is correct, it is. If you try to do something illegal, it won't accept it.
    Go on from this position.
    Thanks for quick response form Gotegurg..........but the issue remains - the game log correctly reflects my legal move 27 black - the main board reflects a move 28 from white that has a pawn moving diagonally to take a pawn that is not on that square - this is impossible. The rule checking routine is therefore not as flawless as you believe. There is a bug somewhere.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:41

See game id 7484275

Can this be changed back to the correct po ...[text shortened]... not how do I void the game other than by offering a draw - under 24 hours left before I timeout.
    From reading your profile, it looks like you haven't played chess for a while. You probably need to review the rules of chess, after which you should find why the move sequence you experienced is valid. Pay particular attention to how the various pieces are allowed to move, both normally and under special circumstances.
  5. Joined
    10 Dec '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:50
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    From reading your profile, it looks like you haven't played chess for a while. You probably need to review the rules of chess, after which you should find why the move sequence you experienced is valid. Pay particular attention to how the various pieces are allowed to move, both normally and under special circumstances.
    It would be nice if someone who repiled actually looked at the game log in the game in question and responded on the facts rather than making assumptions about me from my profile or the infallibility of the system. I may be newish but I ain't stupid.

If someone can explain how move 28 white is possible after move 27 black then I will own up to being terminally misguided and apologise profusely for the error of my ways.
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:56
    Apologies all round - think I've worked it out. Just fallen foul of "en passant" I think. Firts time its come up in a gme - you live and learn. Thanks for help given.
  7. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:56
    Check the FAQ under "Hey! Something crazy just happened on the board, there must be a bug
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 17:33
    It would be nice if someone who repiled actually looked at the game log in the game in question and responded on the facts rather than making assumptions about me from my profile or the infallibility of the system. I may be newish but I ain't stupid.

If someone can explain how move 28 white is possible after move 27 black then I will own up to being terminally misguided and apologise profusely for the error of my ways.
    You will find that people do try and help here, but at the same time they are trying to be careful and not discuss the moves in a game that is in progress.

In my opinion it should be allowable to tell someone with your particular question to look up the en passant rule. I'm sure others will disagree.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 00:03
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    You will find that people do try and help here, but at the same time they are trying to be careful and not discuss the moves in a game that is in progress.

In my opinion it should be allowable to tell someone with your particular question to look up the en passant rule. I'm sure others will disagree.
    I definitely agree. You didn't deserve the sarcastic response you got, even if he did have the grace to apologise once he realised his error. The words "en passant" are hardly going to affect the outcome of a game in progress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree