1. Joined
    28 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 08:08
    My girlfriend has just purchased her first car, its a second hand vauxhall corsa 2003, 5 door. It has two minor problems which just wonderd if anyone had any advice to help me fix them or if the car would have to be put in a garage for a day.

The first problem is the drivers seat belt does not go back into its holder by its self you have to feed it in. I believe this is due to wear of a spring?? Is this easy to replace and is it sfe to open up the seat belt holder i wouldnt want to affect the safety of the belt. Any help on this would be great.

The second problem is the passenger door internal handle is hanging off one side i believe a screw is possible missing but not sure. It is not the metal handle that opens the door but more the passenger arm rest of the door that contains the electric window button.

Apart from that the car is perfect for her. So if anyone could guide me through fixing them problems that would be great.

Thank you
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 08:56
    Don't really understand why this is on a chess forum 🙄🙄🙄
    Personally I reckon you google the faults to see what that brings up. I doubt it would be wise for a person to do DIY on life saving equipment eg seat belts, brakes etc unless they know exactly what they are doing. As to the door habdle look & see if a screw is missing 😲😲
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 09:18
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Don't really understand why this is on a chess forum 🙄🙄🙄
    Personally I reckon you google the faults to see what that brings up. I doubt it would be wise for a person to do DIY on life saving equipment eg seat belts, brakes etc unless they know exactly what they are doing. As to the door habdle look & see if a screw is missing 😲😲
    This isn't the Chess Forum.
    This is the Help Forum. And the Help Forum is about "Ask for help using the site" which this thread is *not* about.
    This thread should be moved to General Forum in its entirety.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree