1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 23:22
    I have been setting up tournaments with restricted grades for club members. I think they have a useful part of play in a club with many members and on our forum I have been asked many times to do this.

I have titled them clearly e.g. "UNDER 1250" and in the sub title written "Any member with a grade of [1250] or higher will be kicked from the club." But I still get players of madly higher grades (eg 1804 and higher in this case) entering. Apparently nobody reads anything. I may have to kick at least one member which I dislike doing.

Do any other clubs have restricted tournaments and is there a way to prevent unqualified players joining?
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 01:30
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I have been setting up tournaments with restricted grades for club members. I think they have a useful part of play in a club with many members and on our forum I have been asked many times to do this.

I have titled them clearly e.g. "UNDER 1250" and in the sub title written "Any member with a grade of [1250] or higher will be kicked from the club." But ...[text shortened]... clubs have restricted tournaments and is there a way to prevent unqualified players joining?
    The problem is that you have two ratings your normal rating and your club rating which is different.

People may be joining the "rated" tournaments based on their club rating.

This happened with our club the first time I tried to do rated tournaments.

All you can really do is PM the members who join the wrong rated tournaments and ask them to withdraw.

The alternative is as you say kick them out, but that could be a bit harsh. I prefer to only kick inactive club members, rather than active ones.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 11:47
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The problem is that you have two ratings your normal rating and your club rating which is different.

People may be joining the "rated" tournaments based on their club rating.

This happened with our club the first time I tried to do rated tournaments.

All you can really do is PM the members who join the wrong rated tournaments and ask them to wit ...[text shortened]... could be a bit harsh. I prefer to only kick inactive club members, rather than active ones.
    Thanks. I managed to get all offenders to withdraw without the tournaments having started. Still it is tiresome - one member had left the club in annoyance then rejoined and all in a few hours.

It would be nice to have more automated features to set parameters for a tournament.

Why does nobody read anything?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 07:58
    Information overload, maybe. Frustrating, isn't it?
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 22:221 edit
    Thanks. I managed to get all offenders to withdraw without the tournaments having started. Still it is tiresome - one member had left the club in annoyance then rejoined and all in a few hours.

It would be nice to have more automated features to set parameters for a tournament.

I think some do read, but just ignore.

You may want to add a comment here

Thread 133253

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree