1. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 15:17
    I have fritz 8 and i want to use it to analise a finished game... i run a Full analisis.. that takes forever.. and then what??? no play button? 😳

i know this must be a dumb question... i but i dont find anything else besides.. the small comentaries like.. "does not save the day" bla bla bla.. its not even a voice.. its just that?? its me who have to go one move at the time.. and read?????? 😕
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    05 Jan '05 06:35
    Originally posted by bazik
    I have fritz 8 and i want to use it to analise a finished game... i run a Full analisis.. that takes forever.. and then what??? no play button? 😳

i know this must be a dumb question... i but i dont find anything else besides.. the small comentaries like.. "does not save the day" bla bla bla.. its not even a voice.. its just that?? its me who have to go one move at the time.. and read?????? 😕
    Yep.What did you expect?A GM popping out explaining everything in detail? 😉
    You do have more analyses options though.Toy a bit with it,it really is helpfull,but in the end you still have to do some work yourself.
    You could always hire a coach 🙂
  3. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    05 Jan '05 10:53
    the GM poping out would be nice.. but i would expect more from a AWARD analisys thing... even CM 10th does it!
    But there should be a Training thing where he would ask question.. and even with that on never asked a thing 😕
  4. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 07:36
    the GM poping out would be nice.. but i would expect more from a AWARD analisys thing... even CM 10th does it!
    But there should be a Training thing where he would ask question.. and even with that on never asked a thing 😕
    If you have it do a 'full analyses',and check the 'training' box,it should give 1 training position(never saw more than 1).
    It's nothing much really,it just picks a key position in the game,and asks you for the best move.
    If you want to learn more about it's analyses functions,I suggest you send grayeyesofsorrow a message.He knows better how to use it than me.
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 08:06
    Argh, CM10 certainly does not do it. Its all total cr*p. Look at the lines, and then form your own conclusions why certain lines are better than others. If you are still puzzled in fritz go to "Windows" "Panels" "Explain all Moves" and fritz will do the same thing as CM10, infact it will probably be a little better. It will still be a crap explanation of each move. Best thing is to get a better player to explain it or think about it yourself.

Once you get a little better, you dont want limited popup boxes telling you what it thinks you will look at the lines and judge them on your own merits. Fritz often disagrees with moves that I consider to be classic.

In conclusion, use your own judgement, question the fritz lines. :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree