Hi

Standard memberSebastian Yap
Help 06 Mar '13 04:07
  1. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 04:07
    How will I know who is an admin? For example, I see Kewpie responding to almost every thread. Is he one of the admins?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 07:34
    Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
    How will I know who is an admin? For example, I see Kewpie responding to almost every thread. Is he one of the admins?
    Admins (Russ and Chris) are the owners of the site. You won't see them participating in forums as a rule, except in Announcements.

Moderators (some long-standing anonymous members) are people who police the thread and remove offensive or bigoted posts and spam. They don't read every thread, it is up to the person abused or offended to "alert moderator". This button is only available to subscribing members, others have to "send feeback" (link at bottom of every page).

I'm a retired lady, partially disabled, and spend way too much time in these forums. I don't have any official position, I'm just one of the members.
  3. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:55
    Sorry, what I meant was how do I tell who is a moderator of the forum?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 21:12
    You don't, they remain anonymous for good reason.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:06
    every once in awhile a moderator makes a posting using the moderator's identity.

the moderator posting as a moderator is clearly identified with a Red Hot Pawn avatar and name

the other way to identify the moderator is by the absolute weilding of power with no regard to basic human dignity or respect for the repressed huddled masses

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree