1. Joined
    15 Jul '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 12:28
    I'm waiting to move on all my games...how do I get these guys/gals to get a move on?

Thanks...
    TC
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:01
    Originally posted by timecharger
    I'm waiting to move on all my games...how do I get these guys/gals to get a move on?

Thanks...
    TC
    There's only one way: when setting up a game, select a low timeout (and compensate for this by increasing the timebank).

Other than that, I'm afraid you just have to wait: they are entitled to take as long as the timing rules for the game you are playing allow.
  3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:09
    Toe is right. You need to set up your games so they have the lowest time limit possible. If you accept a challenge from another player then you also accept their time limits. That may not always be to your liking.

I've set up games for 1 day time limits and 0 timebanks. In that scenario each player has 24 hours from their last move to move again. If they don't then you can time them out. On the other hand I also play games with 7 day move limits and 28 day timebanks, so... everybody has their preferences. That's one of the many wonderful things about this site.
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 13:33
    cool - thanks guys
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    21 Jul '04 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by timecharger

Thanks...
    TC
    The solution is completely in your own hands...

Subscribe right now to RHP and you can play an unlimited number of concurrent games. No reason ever to be bored again.

It's well worth it.

6. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 18:491 edit
    Quick question on reminder etiquette: is it considered impolite to send an email reminder as soon as the option is flagged up, or is it considered rude not to remind your opponent that they need to make a move - in case they've genuinely forgotten for some reason..?

P.S. Great avatar, Toe. Watchmen has to be one of the all-time classics...
  7. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 20:12
    Yea, as Gatecrasher said, break down and become a subscriber. Then you can play as many as you want. I used to get annoyed when I had six games. Now when i have twenty I don't spend so much time wishing people would hurry up. And if you're just playing provisionals, a lot of time, they just drop out or forget to move or whatever. Try to play people (if you can) with little stars next to their names. These people are steady players and usually move quickly. And if you subscribe you too can get a little star next to your name!
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 20:21
    That get's my rec, Buddy. 🙂
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 23:05
    Originally posted by ArielUK
    Quick question on reminder etiquette: is it considered impolite to send an email reminder as soon as the option is flagged up, or is it considered rude not to remind your opponent that they need to make a move - in case they've genuinely forgotten for some reason..?

P.S. Great avatar, Toe. Watchmen has to be one of the all-time classics...
    If I am playing a 7 day game, I wait a good 6 or 8 days to send an alert... I think it would be rude to send an alert after 3 or 4 days in a 7 day game... That is just how I feel about it.

I think the reminder pops up after like 3 days or so? Not sure, I only send reminders if I get the skull up... and only call once (if I feel like it).

P-
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 23:22
    I never send alerts. My opponents should know when they need to move without me reminding them.
  11. Joined
    22 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I never send alerts. My opponents should know when they need to move without me reminding them.
    I agree.
    And you get a 'rec'.
  12. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 09:33
    Originally posted by ArielUK
    ...Great avatar, Toe. Watchmen has to be one of the all-time classics...
    Cheers: it mosty certainly is, alongside the dark knight returns. Which reminds me: the last Invisibles collection is available now: time for a quick trip down the amazon methinks...
  13. Manchester, UK
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 10:03
    Originally posted by Toe
    Cheers: it mosty certainly is, alongside the dark knight returns. Which reminds me: the last Invisibles collection is available now: time for a quick trip down the amazon methinks...
    Ah, yes... the Invisibles. Grant Morrison did a reading once at the bookstore I used to work at. It was an experience, I can tell you. By the end of the evening he was screaming "CTHULU! CTHULU! FTAWGN! FTAWGN!" at the top of his lungs and swearing blind that he waqs once present at a summoning of some of the Great Old Ones lesser minions, which went down not at all well with a couple of the more skeptical members of the audience...

We managed to avoid a full-scale kicking-off, but only just. Ah, happy memories...

Sorry, got a bit off-topic there... Thanks to all for the advice on the reminder situation. I'll just leave well-alone for now and assume the guy just has something more important on his mind at the moment...
  14. e2
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 10:43
    Originally posted by davefish
    I agree.
    And you get a 'rec'.
    And from me too, because I hate receiving reminders. I wish I could turn them off!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree