1. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 May '05 18:04
    I'm playing one game with a friend, but I keep getting invites from random people to play new games. I really don't want to play additional games, but I can't figure out how to tell the system that. How can I do that?
  2. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    03 May '05 18:32
    under my settings, my challenge settings, change the first box so that max number of concurrent games is 1
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 May '05 10:10
    The system automatically sets up challenges among new members, as far as i can tell. Probably to get them interested instead of not making a move and not starting games. This will probably get their attention sooner and encourage them to keep on playing. In other words, as a new member you cannot stop this untill you have some games played, i guess. Russ can tell you more about this, most likely...!
  4. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    04 May '05 12:46
    Are you serious? or.. am I showing how gullible I can be at times...
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 May '05 13:02
    About what, the last sentence, or the first part of all?
    I have invited many friends to come over and play up here. i have noticed all of them were challenged to play a game against someone who has joined the same day. it must be automatically set. It must be.
  6. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    04 May '05 13:15
    I just figured it was new people trying to play against other new people. Never suspected it was automated., but.. I can't say I can disprove it
  7. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    05 May '05 03:191 edit
    Aiko, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

There is NOT any such thing as automated games between new people, as far as I'm aware. Never heard of such a thing. It's only that new starters are displayed on a particular page as a way of encouraging people to play them.

If you don't want the games, just delete them. You won't be registered as losing a game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree