1. Joined
    25 Dec '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 05:29
    how do i know when my opponets made a move without my clicking refresh board
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 06:14
    Originally posted by dave1941
    You don't. In theory you could have email move notifications turned on in your settings, but in practice - forget it, sometimes the emails take hours to arrive. The "games waiting" clickable link in the coloured header bar at the right-hand end is probably the best thing to click on for speedy information.
  3. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 10:38
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You don't. In theory you could have email move notifications turned on in your settings, but in practice - forget it, sometimes the emails take hours to arrive. The "games waiting" clickable link in the coloured header bar at the right-hand end is probably the best thing to click on for speedy information.
    or you go to the my games page
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 21:32
    Originally posted by dave1941
    Is it such a big deal to click 'refresh'?
  5. Joined
    01 Jan '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 14:44
    Well, Divegeester, I think I know what Dave is getting at. And here's the idea:

Suppose you enjoy playing chess with another person in real life, over a real board, and suppose you wanted to simulate that "feel" with this site.

Wouldn't it be nice if the board changed on your side right after the opponent clicked "Submit"??

That way you wouldn't be needlessly wasting time clicking "Refresh" a hundred times before he moves . . . . .

. . . . . . and you wouldn't be wasting time needlessly AFTER he moves by just just sitting there wondering if enough time has passed so you can try "Refresh" again.

That may not be a big deal to some, but I'm pretty sure it's very distracting to Dave.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 15:47
    RHP is an online correspondence chess site so therefore it isn't set up for automatic board move updates as such. It isn't intended to be "live games". Your games status is updated only as you move about within the site or when you use the update button.

If you want "live games" you should go to the "play blitz" link near the top right side of the page. Those games are unrated but I believe the moves are automatically updated on your screen.
  7. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 19:00
    When it's your opponent's move there are two new-ish links to the lower right of the board - "Wait for this game" and "Wait for any game". One of these might be what you are looking for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree