1. NewtonFalls, Ohio
    Moves
    18 May '04 20:59
    My name is Phil Beer and I am new to this website. I have a game going entitled Lets play chess. I am in check and would like to castle with my king side Rook. I can't seem to get the game to let me do this. Is it possible to castle in this game site? If not please let me know. If so please explain what I must do to perform this move.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    18 May '04 21:04
    It is possible to castle here at RHP. It is not possible though in this instance because you are in check. It is illegal to castle whilst in check 🙂

3. NewtonFalls, Ohio
    Moves
    18 May '04 21:12
    Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!! I see said the blind man. Thankyou for your help. I had forgotten that rule. I have only in the past year started playing chess again after many years of not playing.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 May '04 21:38
    In order to castle (when legal to do so), just move your king two spaces to the side to which you are castling, and click the 'move' button. Since the king is otherwise only allowed to move one space, the program will recognize that you wish to castle and will complete the move for you with the appropriate rook.
  5. NewtonFalls, Ohio
    Moves
    20 May '04 00:37
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    In order to castle (when legal to do so), just move your king two spaces to the side to which you are castling, and click the 'move' button. Since the king is otherwise only allowed to move one space, the program will recognize that you wish to castle and will complete the move for you with the appropriate rook.
    Thank you for your information. This seems like a real nice website. My 14 year old grandson showed it to me.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 May '04 01:391 edit
    Originally posted by phillip beer
    Thank you for your information. This seems like a real nice website. My 14 year old grandson showed it to me.
    Welcome to the site then, Phil !
    If you have any questions at all, just ask, and someone will always respond and try to be helpful. I hope you continue to enjoy the site!

regards, Marc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree