1. Standard memberAnselmo
    Free Man - Oso Negro
    Los Gatos
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 21:46
    How do you get the game, which your time to move lowest of your games, be your next automatic game?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 22:07
    Originally posted by Anselmo
    How do you get the game, which your time to move lowest of your games, be your next automatic game?
    click the 'game status filter' on the left, about half way down, then you'll have move options and completed games, hit 'my move'...you'll see all your turn to move games. At the top there is 'opponent,' 'status,' 'time' etc. Hit 'time' and you should be left with least time left in any of your games.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 03:32
    Originally posted by Anselmo
    Next "automatic" game is the oldest game on your board, I think. Commonsense says it should be the most urgent game, but it isn't. Perhaps we should have a thread in Site Ideas about this.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 09:44
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    click the 'game status filter' on the left, about half way down, then you'll have move options and completed games, hit 'my move'...you'll see all your turn to move games. At the top there is 'opponent,' 'status,' 'time' etc. Hit 'time' and you should be left with least time left in any of your games.
    Yep, the least time overall, however this is not necessarily the best option.

I would like an option to order my games by time remaining to move before timebank comes into play. This would maintain my timebank as far as possible and mean that my games could be played in order of time per move as I prefer, rather than the current option.

Take two game options, a 3/7 and a 7/7 where I have not moved for 6 days.

In the 3/7 game I have 4 days to move before I get timed out - my timebank is getting eroded and if I move now I will only have 4 days timebank to carry forward.

In the 7/7 game I still have 8 days to make that move before I am timed out. After 1 day I start eating into my timebank.

If I knew that after 3 days in the 3/7 game that I would start eating into timebank I could move, resetting the overall game counter to 10 days.

By not moving in the "non urgent per the site" game then a 3/7 game has now become a 3/4 game.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 13:01
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yep, the least time overall, however this is not necessarily the best option.

I would like an option to order my games by time remaining to move before timebank comes into play. This would maintain my timebank as far as possible and mean that my games could be played in order of time per move as I prefer, rather than the current option.

Take t ...[text shortened]... By not moving in the "non urgent per the site" game then a 3/7 game has now become a 3/4 game.
    Totally agree, it's like 'it works but is not THE ideal'.. as you detail there could, and should, be better options created for us here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree