1. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    01 May '12 16:53
    I have looked all over the Help topics for how to do this, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Could someone show me how to make annotations in the board player? (I'm talking about the one that you can post in the forums.)
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 May '12 20:01
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I have looked all over the Help topics for how to do this, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Could someone show me how to make annotations in the board player? (I'm talking about the one that you can post in the forums.)
    Use reply and quote and cut out my text (as I did from the chess forum)

You'll find the notes are in brackets after the desired move where you want them to show up.

So if you know how to post a pgn here is how those notes are inserted:

1. e4 e6 {Not Another Positional French!} 2. d4 d5 {zzzzzzzzzzzz} 3. Nb1c3 dxe4 {It's even worse. All the tension in the postion is removed. Prepare for a dull tradefest.}

You can pretty much reverse engineer anything you see in the forums by hitting reply and quote and seeing HOW they did it.

Hope that helps.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    02 May '12 14:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Use reply and quote and...
    Wait, a useful and polite reply? OK, who are you and what have you done with the real Phlab? 😠
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 May '12 00:43
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Wait, a useful and polite reply? OK, who are you and what have you done with the real Phlab? 😠
    Rhode Islanders need all the help they can get.. unlike Texans. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree