How ignorant

Standard memberBlobby
Help 01 Nov '04 12:15
  1. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 12:15
    well i was playing a new player and he set the timeout to 1 day and 0 timebank the next week he timed me out no reminder i even had my vacation flag on since i had problems with my computer but i wonmt name the guilty
  2. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 17:43
    You accepted his time control, didn't you??
  3. London
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 20:08
    Unfortunately it's the way it goes. I had to go vacation last month and had to specifically not start any 1-0 games in the 3 weeks beforehand so as not to get timed out.
  4. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 21:17
    yes i would do the same thing but i didnt no my computer was going to going to a hypermode fenzy did i one night i was off one night or yes i no this is in the wrong forum by the way
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 21:52
    whomever is't "guity". That implies wrongdoing. You accepted a game with certain time rules and you didn't meet those requirements. Such are the rules of the game. If you don't like it: avoid games with such timings. No doubt you've heard this before in which case, why is this thread here?
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    02 Nov '04 06:171 edit
    Originally posted by Blobby
    yes i would do the same thing but i didnt no my computer was going to going to a hypermode fenzy did i one night i was off one night or yes i no this is in the wrong forum by the way
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand that sentence?😕
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    02 Nov '04 06:19

you need to use TIMEBANK !!!!!
  8. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    02 Nov '04 21:41
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand that sentence?😕
    I have no idea what that sentence says either.

BTW- time controls are part of the game, just like how the pieces move or any other rule. You should check the time controls before you accept a game. I would not expect my opponent to let me keep playing if my flag fell, so I timeout every time it is available- no matter what- and expect nothing more from my opponents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree