1. Joined
    01 Dec '11
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:43
    I'm playing someone who I'm sure is not gonna move again before his timebank is up. He has 16 days left to move, and I want to just cancel the game so I can start a new one (currently playing max games).

Is there any way to cancel this game? I don't see any option for this anywhere.
  2. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 23:08
    If the game is past three moves, then you'll either have to wait for the timebank to go to zero and time them out, or you (if you care more about playing a game then a few rating points) you could always resign the game, take the loss of a few points, and start another game. But there is no way to simply delete or cancel a game past three moves. (Before three moves you do have the option to cancel the game.)
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 23:10
    Originally posted by mikesalami
    I'm playing someone who I'm sure is not gonna move again before his timebank is up. He has 16 days left to move, and I want to just cancel the game so I can start a new one (currently playing max games).

Is there any way to cancel this game? I don't see any option for this anywhere.
    You can't cancel a game once the bin has disappeared.
    You could resign,even though it's not your move or subscribe and play as many other games as you like.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 23:161 edit
    I'd resign, you'll get the rating points back quickly enough and can start another game now. He's obviously left the site.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 01:11
    Can a player resign at any time, or only when it's their move? I have only resigned a game when it was my turn to move, so just was wondering.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:27
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Can a player resign at any time, or only when it's their move? I have only resigned a game when it was my turn to move, so just was wondering.
    Yes, it's straightforward, you still get the "resign" option even when it's opponent's turn to move.
  7. Joined
    01 Dec '11
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 18:34
    Thanks for the tips 🙂.

Somehow I didn't even think of resigning, lol... guess that's what I'll do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree