Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    23 Apr '03 05:02
    i play from my uni account, behind a firewall; how can i upload a photo for my profile?
  2. 23 Apr '03 05:26
    Originally posted by dfm65
    i play from my uni account, behind a firewall; how can i upload a photo for my profile?
    You cant do it here, but if you have a website (there are free ones at sites like geocities.com ) or you can ask a player to host your pic for you on there website.

    If you would like I can host it for you, you just need to send a e-mail to me.
  3. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    23 Apr '03 12:44
    Originally posted by dfm65
    i play from my uni account, behind a firewall; how can i upload a photo for my profile?
    normally at an university account you can create your own website under
    www.department.myuniversity.au/~user
    you put the picturefile under home/ and then public_html
    hope that this helps... (You haven an UNIX-account, no?)
    th
  4. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    25 Apr '03 04:59
    Thanks Uncle and thire, i've got a site at geocities now. my photo isn't working yet, but i'm sure i'll be able to sort out the problem now...
    David
  5. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    25 Apr '03 10:52
    Originally posted by dfm65
    Thanks Uncle and thire, i've got a site at geocities now. my photo isn't working yet, but i'm sure i'll be able to sort out the problem now...
    David
    I started a site at geocities, but was unable to link to images on that site. I have one now at angelfire.com, and it works just fine.
  6. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    25 Apr '03 11:38
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I started a site at geocities, but was unable to link to images on that site. I have one now at angelfire.com, and it works just fine.
    LOL Like your 'new' avatar... looks sort of familiar

    Rhymester
  7. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    25 Apr '03 18:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I started a site at geocities, but was unable to link to images on that site. I have one now at angelfire.com, and it works just fine.
    thanks for that...my geocities images aren't working either. i'll try angelfire.com.