1. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 23:06
    I was in the process of losing game #13302113 to Gambiteer, who had outplayed me. I was down the exchange and a pawn with nothing in the position for me. I had not moved in days, and was coming up against time limits, but when I logged in I found it was my opponent’s move. But I had not made the move on the board, e5-e7 which just loses a rook outright. Not a big deal in this case, but could be in a hard-fought game. Anyone seen this before, or have any idea what might have happened? Lord knows I’ve blundered before but not like this.

Game 13302113

2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 09:06
    @FastEddieB
    Ghost in the Machine
    or
    Alcohol in the Bloodstream
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 15:29
    @fasteddieb said
    I was in the process of losing game #13302113 to Gambiteer, who had outplayed me. I was down the exchange and a pawn with nothing in the position for me. I had not moved in days, and was coming up against time limits, but when I logged in I found it was my opponent’s move. But I had not made the move on the board, e5-e7 which just loses a rook outright. Not a big deal in t ...[text shortened]... 26. Rc1xc5 Kc8b8 27. Rc5e5 Rd3d5 28. Re5e7 Rd5d7 29. Re7e5 h5 30. Ng3e4 Nb6c4 31. Re5e7 0-1 [/pgn]
    Never known this to happen.I suggest if you did not make this move someone else must have done.
    Did you leave the game open and unattended at all?
    These days even a 3 year old is quite capable of using a device and making something happen just by touching stuff or if you're using a phone could it have got "knocked" in your pocket for example whilst the game was open?
  4. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 17:06
    I really tried to imagine how I might have gone to the web page or app, clicked in the rook, moved it and then hit “Submit”. I just can’t see how. No children around, nor anyone to mess with it. It’s just weird. My assumption in a case like this is I must have done something wrong. But in this case I just don’t see it.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 19:27
    @fasteddieb said
    I really tried to imagine how I might have gone to the web page or app, clicked in the rook, moved it and then hit “Submit”. I just can’t see how. No children around, nor anyone to mess with it. It’s just weird. My assumption in a case like this is I must have done something wrong. But in this case I just don’t see it.
    You don't sleepwalk do you?
    Sorry, not serious.
    There's a time for every move logged in the "game log"
    It's just under the "resign" button on the game page
    Maybe that will give you a clue.
    I'm nearly certain it won't be a site fault but if you're still unconvinced you could always send feedback(at the bottom of every page)
  6. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 01:222 edits
    Pretty sure the time for the move was just before I logged into make a move. Let me check.

The last move per the “Game Details” was Jul 25 2019 19:38

The game log shows the last move as 25 Jul '19 19:33

I know the human brain can be highly faulty in memory, so who knows? I do know I did not consciously make that move.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 01:35
    @FastEddieB

Maybe somebody got on your phone or computer and moved for you.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 08:07
    @fasteddieb said
    Pretty sure the time for the move was just before I logged into make a move. Let me check.

The last move per the “Game Details” was Jul 25 2019 19:38

The game log shows the last move as 25 Jul '19 19:33

I know the human brain can be highly faulty in memory, so who knows? I do know I did not consciously make that move.
    Is your rhp clock set at the right time?
    rhp time is gmt.
    You have to adjust it accordingly for your time zone.
  9. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 16:46
    My offset was off by an hour, not adjusted for Daylight Saving Time. Set right now (-4).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree