1. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 17:36
    I thought up this idea whilst cursing over someone that accepted one of my invites that said a game played now ....then ran off after making 4 moves.
    It would be cool if there was a game function where you had to make a move every half an hour or less and a 1day timebank...and maybe a caption that informs people what they will get themselves into playing a fast movers game like this.
    This type of game would then rule out slow movers and encourage live games...i for one like to play live games,but i think i could only be made available to subscribers so's to prevent people from not subscribe due to being able to play one game throughout.
    Thoughts Anyone?
    Regards
    Zoe
  2. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 17:59
    Originally posted by purclecow
    I thought up this idea whilst cursing over someone that accepted one of my invites that said a game played now ....then ran off after making 4 moves.
    It would be cool if there was a game function where you had to make a move every half an hour or less and a 1day timebank...and maybe a caption that informs people what they will get themselves into playing ...[text shortened]... rom not subscribe due to being able to play one game throughout.
    Thoughts Anyone?
    Regards
    Zoe
    It's a good idea - aren't there some 'zero timeout' tournaments that already work like this?
  3. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 18:32
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    It's a good idea - aren't there some 'zero timeout' tournaments that already work like this?
    i am not sure, i am fairly new and have not played tournaments yet...i just would like a normal game that is garateed to be live
  4. Joined
    28 Jul '03
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 20:52
    Originally posted by purclecow
    i just would like a normal game that is garateed to be live
    Try http://games.yahoo.com

There are thousands of live games going on there all the time and you can select whatever time control you like. It's free.
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 21:07
    i would like more flexiblity in creation of my timeout and timebank.
    i would like to be able to do it in hours!!!!! - not just 3 days.
    but i do see that new players will be confused about it, and get timed out a lot if they were given a lot of short time choices; especially if they are challenged rather than challenging.
    maybe acceptance of a challenge could take a separate screen where the time is right in front of your face.
    although i would prefer that - I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS !
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree