1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 03:30
    Originally posted by flexmore
    bugger.

i thought i must have been playing well 🙁

and i got some pm response about my matchup rates ... between 1/3 and 1/2 ... maybe the engines made lots of mistakes 😉
    You have more than ten times the number of games as me, so
    your profile is indicitive of your rating. You went through a period
    that looks like timeouts maybe and some more losses later, then
    recovery. The only way comps can lose basically is through timeouts.
    Did you happen to see Ironman31's profile? Looked like a
    steamroller. Shot right up and stayed there. Look at Weyerstrauss,
    his profile shows an upward growth but look at the first few games,
    very spikey. Also the last few games have spikeyness. Totally
    opposite of IM.
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 09:343 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You have more than ten times the number of games as me, so
    your profile is indicitive of your rating. You went through a period
    that looks like timeouts maybe and some more losses later, then
    recovery. The only way comps can lose basically is through timeouts.
    Did you happen to see Ironman31's profile? Looked like a
    steamroller. Shot right up and sta ...[text shortened]... irst few games,
    very spikey. Also the last few games have spikeyness. Totally
    opposite of IM.
    for some reason i find myself bound to disagree with everything you say ... do not be offended ... maybe you should at least appreciate that i am listening 😉

yes my profile is from a human playing ... but it does look suspicious ... why did i suddenly climb from 13 march to 13 april?
    it is because i was more determined to win .. i did not resign games even if i was losing, i took more time, less wine, and struggled for a way to win. eventually in mid april i had to resign some games that were totally doomed.
    but: it does look at first glance as though i simply turned an engine on for a while.

as for ironman ... his profile looks like an incredibly strong player - some humans and some computers are so strong ... his record of play is no reason to suspect cheating.
    matching engines in choice of moves in quiet positions, and always finding every mate in 6 ... now these are reasons to suspect cheating ... this is why he was banned.

as for weyerstrass's spikes ... they are there as an anomally of the rating system for provisional players and are in no why indicative of his play ... they do indicate that when he first began playing here he played players of a wide variety of playing strength ... each time he beat a stronger player it spiked ... then when he beat a lower rated player it dipped ... and he simply won and won and won every time - just like a computer would ... of course he has not been found to choose moves in the way a computer would or he would have been banned ... as for weyerstrass's recent slight spikiness - it is simply an indication that the weyerstrass is not as powerful as ironman was ... it does not confirm humanity - it does suggest imperfection .. and will make akizy feel a lot more relaxed.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 05:31
    Originally posted by flexmore
    for some reason i find myself bound to disagree with everything you say ... do not be offended ... maybe you should at least appreciate that i am listening 😉

yes my profile is from a human playing ... but it does look suspicious ... why did i suddenly climb from 13 march to 13 april?
    it is because i was more determined to win .. i did not resign games ...[text shortened]... confirm humanity - it does suggest imperfection .. and will make akizy feel a lot more relaxed.
    Well not as powerful as Ironman's engine you mean. I think
    Weyerstrass is a genuine International Master at least at CC.
  4. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 18:30
    Originally posted by ark13
    I wish someone would accuse me of cheating :'(
    LOL, yes me too!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree