1. Asheville, N.C. USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 04:241 edit
    Every thing works as it should but when I click on "my games" It goes to this page and says this:

[edit:Russ - I didn't want the full error to be indexed by google.]

ERROR V2 RHP Secure authentication query failed.
    request failed

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? I have to make all my moves at work and can't get it working at my house. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 05:211 edit
    Originally posted by Coach Pre
    Every thing works as it should but when I click on "my games" It goes to this page and says this:

this problem? I have to make all my moves at work and can't get it working at my house. Thanks.
    I have that too sometimes.Usually I can fix it by just closing IE and opening it again,or by just waiting a few minutes and try again.But it happened again,2 hours ago and this time my little trick didn't work.Then the site went down for maintenance,30 minutes too soon.Then it went down again at the regular time.What's going on????
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 16:45
    I see a lot of people are getting these errors but I never get them. Could I just ask what version of Windows are you guys running and what vesrion of Internet Explorer?
  4. Hendersonville, NC
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 19:06
    Originally posted by Exy
    I see a lot of people are getting these errors but I never get them. Could I just ask what version of Windows are you guys running and what vesrion of Internet Explorer?
    I've gotten it once or twice and I'm running Windows XP with the latest version of Mozilla's Firefox. 🙂

~ Cheshire Cat 😀
  5. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 23:11
    Originally posted by Exy
    Windows XP home edition,latest version of IE(I think,how can I check this?),sometimes I use mozilla.
  6. London
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 23:17
    Originally posted by Exy
    I'm pretty sure, from the text of the message, that it's a server-side problem (the RHP webserver is reporting a problem connecting to the RHP database server), so it doesn't really matter what client software you are using.

For what it's worth, I have seen the same problem, and not just on the RHP site, using the latest version of Safari 1.2.3 on MacOS 10.3.5
  7. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    17 Oct '04 23:25
    This happened to my several months ago. If my memory is correct Russ fixed it. It had something to do with teh database which runs RHP.

-trekkie
  8. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 03:03
    I'm new to this site and I can really use some help .How do I know when they have moved and when I need to move
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 09:11
    Originally posted by perezches
    I'm new to this site and I can really use some help .How do I know when they have moved and when I need to move
    You're in the wrong thread, but anyway...
    You can set it up so that u receive an email when ur opponent moves. Then, u just have to set it up so that u receive a notification when you receive an email (Yahoo! Messenger if Yahoo, Msn messenger if Hotmail). Use folders and filters if using yahoo, loads of crappy emails don't matter then.

D
  10. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Oct '04 10:521 edit
    Originally posted by perezches
    Clicking the "games waiting" link on the top right-hand side of the screen will take you to all the games you need to make a move on at the current time.

This is not updated as you sit and watch it though: it only changes when you enter or move about the site (e.g. looking at the forums, playing a new move etc.). (Actually, "refreshing" or "reloading" the current page in your web-browser will also do this, but why bother?)

As this is correspondance chess however, you'll find that this method is fast enough: play any faster and you'll likely loose rather more games than you'd like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree