1. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 05:181 edit
    I want my times in PST!

I live in Seattle, and all the last move times are in... London time maybe? It doesn't make that much of a difference, but is annoying. Is there any way for me to set my time zone to PST so the times are accurate?

Thanks,

dave
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 10:44
    Originally posted by Darkhog
    I want my times in PST!

I live in Seattle, and all the last move times are in... London time maybe? It doesn't make that much of a difference, but is annoying. Is there any way for me to set my time zone to PST so the times are accurate?

Thanks,

dave
    My solution was to go out and purchase an inexpensive battery operated digital clock and set it to GMT or BST. I keep it by the computer and have a little label on it that says 'London'.

Probably not the perfect answer, but it works for me.

Marc
  3. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 10:51
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    My solution was to go out and purchase an inexpensive battery operated digital clock and set it to GMT or BST. I keep it by the computer and have a little label on it that says 'London'.

Probably not the perfect answer, but it works for me.

Marc
    Changing that label to Nottingham would be more appropriate Marc! ;-)

http://www.worldtimeserver.com is a usefull site to see if your opponents should be in bed...

Rhymester
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 10:58
    Originally posted by Darkhog
    I want my times in PST!

Thanks,

dave
    no, but honestly - this would be a step in the direction of "personalisation of the site" (th "my..." thing), no? 😉
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Feb '03 12:28
    I'll be honest with you - I'm simply amazed this doesn't get requested each and every day. But this is my prompt to get started on it.

I will add a feature allowing you to set an offset from BST. You may need to adjust it a couple of times a year - but it will solve the problem for most.

-Russ
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Feb '03 00:13
    I dunno-subtracting five hours works for me.
  7. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    26 Feb '03 23:37
    Thanks Russ!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree