1. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 23:16
    I think it would be a good idea to include some kind of trial subscription.

Something like 9.99$ for 60 days with an option to upgrade to a normal membership for an additional 30$ for 305 days. It would help lure in people who are on the fence about subscribing (like me) but don't want to automatically commit to a full year. 40$ is a big investment for a student!

(that or add a student discount hehe 😀)
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 07:39
    Your best bet would be either to use the "send feedback" link or post this in the site ideas forum.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 10:05
    Originally posted by Maxime Ferlatte
    (that or add a student discount hehe 😀)
    Yeah! with a large discount and some free beer while you subscribe. People will flood the site! Ill even make a third account!😀
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 10:26
    The site used to offer monthly subscriptions. I don't think anyone was using it so admin just dropped the monthy option and stayed with the yearly supscription.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 10:30
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    The site used to offer monthly subscriptions. I don't think anyone was using it so admin just dropped the monthy option and stayed with the yearly supscription.
    I thought the reason was that some people bought a single month subscritption, then he started zillions of games at the same time. When these games was over, a few months later, he bought another single month, and started zillions of games again. And so on.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 11:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I thought the reason was that some people bought a single month subscritption, then he started zillions of games at the same time. When these games was over, a few months later, he bought another single month, and started zillions of games again. And so on.
    Yes, that sounds familiar now that you mention it. I know the monthly fee was much more costly than just going for a year at a time. So basically I don't think anyone used the monthly option very much, except to fiddle the system, as you say.
  7. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 17:47
    Ohh I see I didn't know that, but I think it's easily fixable. Just put a game limit for the trial period. like 20-25. If he doesn't extend to the full year at a discount he still payed more for those 2 months than he would have so the site still made money off of him. I don't see how anyone possibly loses? I just think that only having one membership plan is not very flexible. I would definitely consider purchasing a trial membership to see if I want the full year. It's kind of different than the one month membership thing. One month really isn't enough for CC.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 18:55
    Originally posted by Maxime Ferlatte
    Ohh I see I didn't know that, but I think it's easily fixable. Just put a game limit for the trial period. like 20-25. If he doesn't extend to the full year at a discount he still payed more for those 2 months than he would have so the site still made money off of him. I don't see how anyone possibly loses? I just think that only having one membershi ...[text shortened]... nd of different than the one month membership thing. One month really isn't enough for CC.
    If you're on the fence you should go to the front page and read The Testimonials

“I had been looking for a very good online chess site and I am thankful I found Time For Chess!”

There are several more on the page that are more than adequate to convince ANYONE they should sign up right away!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree