Idea for forum pages

Idea for forum pages

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
27 Aug 04

Russ, I have to tell you; I'm lazy. Yes, it's true.
When a forum has multiple pages, I don't like having to open the first pages the go to the page I want. Would it be possible to list the pages numbers after the thread name on the hread list page. That way we could go directly to the page we want. Or how about a link or button that would let us go directly to the last page.
I know it's only one click of the mouse (and a minute or two for those with dial-up). I cruise the forums alot and get alittle tired of the extra step (and I'm lazy, remember).

Thanks

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Aug 04

Consider it a good work out for the wrist. (Stop sniggering at the back there.)

From the threads page, you are aware that clicking the thread name takes you to the first post, but clicking the last post link takes you to the last?

-Russ

RHP Member No.16

Moves
27 Aug 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ

From the threads page, you are aware that clicking the thread name takes you to the first post, but clicking the last post link takes you to the last?

-Russ
Russ, when a thread consists of multiple pages, say 5 pages for example, a window will appear at the top and bottom of each page that allows you to go directly to a particular page. If you're on page 1, this will let you go directly to page 2, 3, 4 or 5 from the current page by changing the page number in the little navigation window.

When a moderator closes a thread, this in effect allows the existing pages and posts to still be viewed, but new posts can no longer be made, if I understand the 'thread closed' function correctly.

However, it appears that when a thread is closed the little page navigation window vanishes. Is this intentional or a minor bug?
You can verify this by looking at some of the closed threads in the new "Forum Issues" forum.

just wondering....,
Marc

r

Moves
27 Aug 04

Originally posted by Saint Nick
Would it be possible to list the pages numbers after the thread name on the hread list page. That way we could go directly to the page we want.
This might also encourage Google to index the forum pages. 😉

-Ray.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Aug 04

Originally posted by rgoudie
This might also encourage Google to index the forum pages. 😉

-Ray.
I have considered dropping the drop down pager for this very reason. It would be odd without it now though.

I could make the switch very easily.

-Russ

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
28 Aug 04

Russ,
My wrist get enough of a workout while you're backing up the server 😵

But yes, the google indexing would be nice. I personally wouldn't miss the drop-down menu one bit.

n

Spokane, WA

Moves
29 Aug 04

Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
Holy cow, I've never even thought to click on the posted date! That's a bit easier in the Looong threads, saves a click or two. Thanks Russ!

ncrosby🙂

r

Moves
30 Aug 04

Originally posted by ncrosby
Holy cow, I've never even thought to click on the posted date! That's a bit easier in the Looong threads, saves a click or two. Thanks Russ!

ncrosby🙂
It took me two months to discover it on my own. 🙂

-Ray.