1. Standard membercoa4u
    BVCC co-leader
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 23:03
    I'm not much for posting my ideas on forums (as I never think of them to be good enough to make an impact). But I wanted to share this idea with the great people at RHP.

It's obvious that many players have been sucked into the clan concept -- including myself. It was an idea that made a great website even greater if you ask me.

If there is one small drawback to the concept (and it's very small) it's the fact that the point system (which I think is a good system) makes it difficult for the small clans to remain competitive with the Goliaths.

I think I've come up with a way to make clan games even more exciting and competitive for all. It involves creating three tiers (aka division, groups, etc...) -- one for 1-5 player clan games, one for 6-10, and for 11 or more.

Now, what would make this idea even better is that all clans can participate in every division. So, a 16 member clan can play multiple 5 player clan games to try to get on top of the 1-5 player group (I'm sure you've caught on by now...lol)

So, end result is this....

You have more competition and the chance to have an undisputed clan champion.

I just think that this will make clan games more exciting for all.
    Whether you're a small clan with 5 members (like mine) or an enormous clan with 16 members and in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place, the idea of playing in a clan game will be more exciting than ever if this rule were implemented.

Now, here comes the fun part. Here is where all of you get the chance to rip apart or embrace my idea...lol. What do you think?

Dave -- BVCC Co-leader and HUGE fan of RHP 😀
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 02:451 edit
    Originally posted by coa4u
    I'm not much for posting my ideas on forums (as I never think of them to be good enough to make an impact). But I wanted to share this idea with the great people at RHP.

It's obvious that many players have been sucked into the clan conce ...[text shortened]... hat do you think?

Dave -- BVCC Co-leader and HUGE fan of RHP 😀
    Swing by my clan page and check my clan rant... I rip the small clans up for even existing.

I like your idea... they should be separate. I would prefer the small clans break up, but your idea is good too.

As I see it almost everyone wants a clan, so there should be limitations... but new clans are formed every day and some of the other big clans send lop-sided games just to get extra points.

The whole thing is a mess, but it is also fun.... very good post.... but no easy solution.

Phla-

EDIT Post more, almost everyone who posts goes up 15-100 points in rating..... 😉
  3. Standard membercoa4u
    BVCC co-leader
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 04:27
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's starting to feel like there are more clans than members...lol. Maybe RHP should consider putting a cap on the amount of clans you're allowed to create/join ....just food for thought.😀
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Aug '03 02:38
    Originally posted by coa4u
    [b]I couldn't agree with you more. It's starting to feel like there are more clans than members...
    There are currently an average of 5.48 members per clan. 😀
  5. London
    Moves
    21 Aug '03 09:48
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There are currently an average of 5.48 members per clan. 😀
    Is that the average size of a clan, or the ratio of the number of distinct clan members to clans?

It does seem, taking multiple memberships into account, that there are not more than about three distinct people per clan.😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree