1. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    13 May '04 07:342 edits
    I've been thinking about the bad feeling a lot of people seem to get when playing provisionals and saw something like this on another site.I think it would solve the 'problem'.Why not let new joiners play 5 or 10 unrated games against 'settled' players who volunteer for this job.Getting 5 games right away also functions as a 'welcome to the site'.After these 5 or 10 games their ratings can be calculated by the results they achieved,going by the ratings of the 'settled' players.They can also be asked to state a rating(they can guess if they don't know) when signing up,this can be used to put them up against volunteers in that rating range.This way new players will quickly have a fairly correct rating and the 'provisional player problem' is solved.Additional benefit is that the new players can ask questions about the working of the site to their opponents rather than posting questions here,which will quickly set them on their way to full rhp enjoyment :-}

What do y'all think?

Sir Lot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree