1. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    06 May '03 08:18
    It might be good to have a If he does that, I do this... feature, e.g. if he takes my bishop with his bishop I take his bishop with my pawn. The RHP would play his immediately if hat comes up. It might speed games up a bit.

What do people think?
  2. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    06 May '03 08:21
    Sorry - double quotes obviously don't work well here. I'll try brackets instead:

It might be good to have a (If he does that, I do this...) feature, e.g. if he takes my bishop with his bishop I take his bishop with my pawn. The RHP would play (this) immediately if (that) comes up. It might speed games up a bit.

What do people think?
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    06 May '03 11:084 edits
    possibly, yes. But quite often I think I know what I'll do if he does "that", but change my mind when I actually see the board so I probably wouldn't use it. Not saying others wouldn't find it useful... A nice way to psych out your opponent though - like saying "I knew you were going to do that - what are you going to do about this ?"
  4. Joined
    08 Jan '02
    Moves
    06 May '03 11:26
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    possibly, yes. But quite often I think I know what I'll do if he does "that", but change my mind when I actually see the board so I probably wouldn't use it. Not saying others wouldn't find it useful... A nice way to psych out your opponent though - like saying "I knew you were going to do that - what are you going to do about [b]this ?"[/b]
    Reminds me of the correspondence game between 2 masters (i think)
    White played 1.e4
    Black replied 1.... b6 with the comment " whatever your next move i will play 2.... Bb7" ............so White played 2.Ba6 followed by 3.Bxb7
    1 - 0
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 May '03 14:56
    Auto capture would not be a good feature. I might use the "if then that" feature... but, like Belgianfreak, I often change my mind.
  6. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 May '03 21:34
    it would certainly be of use in the end game, or even on the very first few moves of standard openings (not that i know any): save a few posts which could mean days... And I like the 'psych' idea: almost like a fast move in real time chess. but the user interface might prove tricky to do elegantly i'd imagine.