Improving the public games search funtion

Improving the public games search funtion

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Ford Prefect

Moves
07 May 04

Hi Russ

I don't know if this is possible but I'm going to suggest it anyway.😀

In the search funtion it would be nice if you could choise the color of the games of the player you are looking for. It would also be nice if you could search by a position and in a certain rating boundery.

To give you and example to claryfi things, perhaps I'm looking for games were xxx is white and a player of 1600+ plays sicilian against him.

Regards, Prefect. 😀

M

Moves
09 May 04

Originally posted by Prefect
Hi Russ

I don't know if this is possible but I'm going to suggest it anyway.😀

In the search funtion it would be nice if you could choise the color of the games of the player you are looking for. It would also be nice if you could search by a position and in a certain rating boundery.

To give you and example to claryfi things, perhaps I'm looking ...[text shortened]... ames were xxx is white and a player of 1600+ plays sicilian against him.

Regards, Prefect. 😀
What I would like to have is the ability to download a complete set of a player (or players) games played on RHP in PGN format.

This way I could import the PGN games into ChessBase 8 (or have a PGN reader access them). ChessBase8 requires that the PGN file be converted to its format first, but that is extremely simple to do, and is quick. Once done one can sort by any number of criteria, such as elo ratings for Black or White, by player name, or specific positions.

Just being able to download PGN games would save RUSS alot of time, as we would all have access to each others games from an online database.

P
Ford Prefect

Moves
09 May 04

A very good suggestion indeed. It would be nice with the and expanded search function non the less.