1. Joined
    13 Aug '04
    Moves
    05 May '05 02:29
    My King went one square instead of two...i thought i had castled...could you please correct the situation on the board...it should be my opponent' s move and not mine.
    Invalid FEN inserted -
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    05 May '05 03:141 edit
    I don't think its possible to undo a move once it's made. After all, there's no way of knowing whether the mistake you made was an accident in moving (as you said) or you realised afterwards there was a better move.

Please understand I'm not questioning YOUR honesty, but I'm talking generally. Moves can't be undone.

PS I can't work out which one of your games you're talking about.
  3. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    06 May '05 20:41
    Originally posted by orfeo
    I don't think its possible to undo a move once it's made. After all, there's no way of knowing whether the mistake you made was an accident in moving (as you said) or you realised afterwards there was a better move.

Please understand I'm not questioning YOUR honesty, but I'm talking generally. Moves can't be undone.

PS I can't work out which one of your games you're talking about.
    Assuming you're black, it looks like you moved the king one square by mistake. You have to move it two for castling. Also, it seems like you have rather a lot of pawns!
  4. Joined
    13 Aug '04
    Moves
    06 May '05 22:35
    Re': Incomplete Castliong Move....i am referring to game #1088234 vs. xela01. Was i surpriserd the next day when i looked at the position and saw that my King ha only been one square! Its obviouss what happened.I have requrested the RHP t.d. to set things right. You say i cant takle back a move--this was only half a move. RHP's special castling maneuver may have contributed to the situatiom. Lets hope no other chess player finds himself in this situatti0n.
  5. Joined
    13 Aug '04
    Moves
    06 May '05 22:35
    Re': Incomplete Castliong Move....i am referring to game #1088234 vs. xela01. Was i surpriserd the next day when i looked at the position and saw that my King ha only been one square! Its obviouss what happened.I have requrested the RHP t.d. to set things right. You say i cant takle back a move--this was only half a move. RHP's special castling maneuver may have contributed to the situatiom. Lets hope no other chess player finds himself in this situatti0n.
  6. Joined
    13 Aug '04
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:31
    My opponent has agreed to start the game over (Re:Incomplete Castling Move), Game # 108234, xela01 has the white pieces...is there a procedure for directly contacting the TD?
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:24
    Originally posted by silentrook
    My opponent has agreed to start the game over (Re:Incomplete Castling Move), Game # 108234, xela01 has the white pieces...is there a procedure for directly contacting the TD?
    TD?
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    08 May '05 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    TD?
    Toilet Duck?

Edit - seriously trying to help... I thought you might mean Tournament Director, but it is not a Tourny game? Suggest you agree to draw that one and play through the moves like for like in a new game (a set piece game would be easier to setup but would not be rated).

P.s. Your game link ID was wrong. It is game Game 1108234 which you are playing?
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    08 May '05 13:27
    Originally posted by silentrook
    You say i cant takle back a move--this was only half a move.
    Moving the king one square was a legal move, so the computer accepted it. It's not going to sit there analysing your tactics.

You can try sending a direct message to Russ, he runs the site, but I think he will tell you the same thing I did. It can't be undone.
  10. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    08 May '05 15:40
    You can fix this using a gentleman's agreement, thus:

10 ... Bd6
    11 Rf3 Ke7
    12 Rf1 Re8
    13 Rf3 Kf8
    14 Rf1 Kg8
    15 Rf3 Rf8
    16 Rf2! Be7
    17 Rf1

C.I.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree