Would it not be useful to allow players to specifiy challange filters for:
    minimum Move Frequency
    range of days/move
    range of timebank period
    range of non-provisional rankings
    rated games only (Y/N)
    friendly games only (Y/N)
    Clan games only (Y/N)
    accept games from provisional players (Y/N)
    accept games from Subscribers only (Y/N)

Now: I'm not in favour of all of these. Some are frankly mad. But just for discussions sake, I've included some ringers. Guess them if you like!

Edit: the post time was 13:20 or so. Local time (and GMT) is 12:20. What time is RHP on anyway?
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 12:271 edit
    i want to only accept challenges from players with the letter "x" in their name.

p.s. if you look closely at the clock while playing on rhp you will notice the hours pass very fast. 1 hour lasts only a few minutes. days, weeks and even months can fly past.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 12:53
    good ides!
    what are friendly games?
    and it'd be great to look for players who start (not) with 1. e4 ...
    and it's interesting to see (IN THE PROFILE???) the ratio # waiting games / # current games
    th
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '04 12:561 edit
    indeed: that's a good one I forgot about thire
    maximum number of games currently being played.

you don't want to get caught up in one of these "I'll play 200 games at once" follies, that end up with hundereds of timeouts once it inevitably ends in tears.
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    11 Feb '04 01:42
    Originally posted by Toe
    indeed: that's a good one I forgot about thire
    maximum number of games currently being played.

you don't want to get caught up in one of these "I'll play 200 games at once" follies, that end up with hundereds of timeouts once it inevitably ends in tears.
    it is not inevitable to be timed out when playing lots of games - i have only been timed out once and it was my first ever game, but the tears may be inevitable :-)
  6. Standard memberFiathahel
    Artist in Drawing
    in your fridge
    Moves
    11 Feb '04 13:17
    Originally posted by flexmore
    it is not inevitable to be timed out when playing lots of games - i have only been timed out once and it was my first ever game, but the tears may be inevitable :-)
    Do you remember this:

p.s. if you look closely at the clock while playing on rhp you will notice the hours pass very fast. 1 hour lasts only a few minutes. days, weeks and even months can fly past.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree