Invalid Tran Type

Standard memberprn
Help 04 Feb '05 17:58
  1. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 17:58
    For more than a week, I was getting daily notices from 2checkout.com that

Your recurring order for Chess - RedHotPawn.com is failing to bill to the credit card on file.

Reason: 606 - Invalid Tran Type
    Notification # : 9
    Order Number : .......[surpressed]
    Card Number : .......[surpressed]
    Amount : $14.95
    Company : Chess - RedHotPawn.com

My first thought, of course, was that something about my credit card had changed and that I should follow their link and update my card information. I did that, though I don't think my card had actually changed.

I clicked the button after updating the information and got the same failure notice. I wrote to their support address a couple of times and got one reply to the effect that

We do apologize for any inconveniences that this may be causing you, but we would be glad to help you get past this. The error you are seeing is related to paying with foreign currencies. Currently, only Visa and Mastercard support this. If a customer tries to pay using American Express or Discover, they will receive an error like this. This is because these cards work in US Dollars only.

I responded to this with the information that the credit card I was using was a VISA card and that it was valid, but I got no "help" or even response from them beyond continuing to "notify" me that the billing was failing because of "Invalid Tran Type" and eventually they simply cancelled the transaction, having apparently done nothing to determine the real reason that the billing was failing.

At this point, my subscription has lapsed. 🙁 🙁 🙁 If there is an alternative payment method, I will send a check (checque) or whatever, but 2checkout.com is evidently incapable of resolving their problem, and it is THEIR problem since I supplied valid information and a valid card of the brand that THEY said they required.

Russ, please let me know if I can pay you with a check or paypal or something. Otherwise, I cannot pay since 2checkout.com is incapable of accepting money from me for you. 🙁

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Paul
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 20:27
    Paul,

Sorry about the problems. PayPal is fine though.

I'll fire off a PM to you with details.

Regards,

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree