Originally posted by Saint Nick
I think the admins creating the tournies works great here. Namely, we have very high quality tournies (not just everyone and their brother creating any tourney they feel like). If you have a good idea for a tourney, the admins do take it into consideration and frequently create tournies at player's requests.
Although you can't personally create a tourn ...[text shortened]... ill be to take your tourney ideas into consideration.
Hope you consider becoming a member.
Thanks for the consideration. It's often tough to get your ideas heard on such a large site. Just to give you an idea of my experiences with user-created tournies.
- The tournaments are still very high quality.
- Users have a much greater selection of tournaments to join.
- There are always one or more tournies starting every day.
- The tournies don't have to be huge (4 or 8 people is all you need)
- Users can create theme-based tounements (i.e., Evans Gambit) where everyone starts with the same fixed positions.
Like I said, much of this site has me sold already I may even consider subscribing to RHP (even without the user-created tournies) for a year and keep my "other" subscription just to see what happens.
Thanks and, hopefully, I can get an admins take on this.