Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Blobby
    You Cheeky
    27 Jul '04 19:42
    well i've recently won a game but am still provisional but i have played my first 5 games and i looked at my profile and i didn't recieve any points does anyone have a solution
  2. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    27 Jul '04 20:29
    You're a provisional,strange things can happen to provisionals.Take care,you might turn blue or green tomorrow 😉
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    27 Jul '04 20:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Blobby
    well i've recently won a game but am still provisional but i have played my first 5 games and i looked at my profile and i didn't recieve any points does anyone have a solution
    I've noiticed that 7 of your 14 games weren't rated; if you play a non-rated game your rating won't change regardless of whether you win or lose.
  4. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    27 Jul '04 21:03 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I've noiticed that 7 of your 14 games weren't rated; if you play a non-rated game your rating won't change regardless of whether you win or lose.
    EDIT - I have deleted this message as the issue I stated in previous post is being taken care of

Robbo
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    27 Jul '04 21:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    I have just had a look at your games to see if I could clear this up for you, and i have notice 7 games against a player call rrr where your opponent has resigned on all occasions after the first move.
    HMM. that's a good catch, eyeqpc! I looked up rrr's profile and those 7 games against Blobby are the only games he's "played"; he also has 5 games in "progress" and in all 12 he has never made a move. Looks like some "funny bidness" to me!!
    Update - anybody interested in the story behind the above should go to the "Cheating to increase your rating" thread in the GENERAL forum
  6. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    31 Jul '04 18:51
    Originally posted by Blobby
    maybe your game is unrated