java help

Standard memberhuntingbear
Help 21 Dec '03 14:06
  1. e2
    Moves
    21 Dec '03 14:06
    My attempt to access the ChessBase on-line database failed this evening. I opened my 'java console' and got this:

java. util. MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle symantec. itools. resources. ErrorsBundle, key InvalidPercent2

...and a bunch of other stuff. (Extra spaces added to avoid [WORD TOO LONG]'s)

If anyone can explain in layman's terms what this means and how I can rectify it, I'd be most grateful 🙂
  2. Joined
    14 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Dec '03 12:03
    Hey some of us get paid 750 usd / day to explain such things 🙂
    And some others get 1000 usd / day to create such problems and to write such exceptions 🙂
    If it worked before, i wouldn t worry. Did it work before ?
    I guess it s a site problem, not your pc problem.
    Try again a little later ..
    If still a problem, i would restart my pc.
    If still a problem i would start to wonder
    if i changed some configuration recently, installed something recently.
    I would also verify if all sites using Java throw the same error.
    If still a problem let me know, i am not a java expert but i just love problem solving 🙂

3. e2
    Moves
    22 Dec '03 12:39
    Thanks, Nohup. I used to log on to it, but probably should have stated that last night was not the first time I had the trouble. It seems to have happened after a bizarre incident in which my system's registry reset, for some reason, to older version of itself. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but certain settings on my computer went back to the condition they were in months ago, and a friend told me there must have been some problem with the registry and it reset to a backup. I was hoping this wasn't related to the java difficulty 🙂
  4. Joined
    14 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Dec '03 14:11
    Ouch. Registry. Sounds nasty.
    Only time ever i had to call the help desk was when i messed up the registry. They offered me another pc
    😀 😛
    But hey don't panic.
    Did you try to reinstall your browser yet ?
    I bet it will solve the problem.
  5. e2
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 05:00
    I just tried another java site today and it worked. I'll try chessbase again. If it fails, I may just try to re-install the java runtime environment or whatever it's called 🙂 I was hoping I could find and download this one particular 'resource bundle' that seems to be missing, but no luck so far. Thanks again!
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 09:47
    Originally posted by huntingbear
    I just tried another java site today and it worked. I'll try chessbase again. If it fails, I may just try to re-install the java runtime environment or whatever it's called 🙂 I was hoping I could find and download this one particular 'resource bundle' that seems to be missing, but no luck so far. Thanks again!
    System Restore might help, or reinstalling Java, of course, I am not an expert, but I know that Java isn't a very stable program...

Olav
  7. Joined
    14 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 13:491 edit
    All java stuff should be here :

http://java.sun.com/

Good Luck !

PS After reading this i am pretty convinced the problem is not at your side
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sunset2.nsf/de887d5368497e038825698500829ec7/d7864b17ab5b4716882569850082f836?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree