1. Joined
    24 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 20:35
    First, let me state that I'm not agitated, not intending to flame anyone and have a bit of concern for what has actually happened to my potential opponent.

I challenged a player in the three day ladder - in our created game, my opponent is white. He has not started the game, and looking at his profile, he has not moved since Nov 15, 09. He currently has games in progress, but all are in an expired time state.

This kind of leaves me trapped in the ladder - I can not challenge another player until this game is completed, but this game's clock will not start until he moves.

The ladder help page states, "Inactive players will be removed from a ladder if they have no games in progress and they have been inactive on the site for 60 days." I'm not sure what the criteria for "games in progress" and "inactive on site" are, but this situation would seem to fit the spirit of the rule in any case.

Is there any way to get our game deleted so I can challenge someone else?

Thanks
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 20:48
    Originally posted by jmskms
    First, let me state that I'm not agitated, not intending to flame anyone and have a bit of concern for what has actually happened to my potential opponent.

I challenged a player in the three day ladder - in our created game, my opponent is white. He has not started the game, and looking at his profile, he has not moved since Nov 15, 09. He currently has ...[text shortened]...

Is there any way to get our game deleted so I can challenge someone else?

Thanks
    the game was started Feb. 8th, so you get a timeout option Feb 20th. Just be patient. The time ticks even if you can't see it.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 20:51
    cool. was not aware of that. Thanks.
  4. Vancouver, B.C.
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 21:02
    Hi.. I am new and I have entered a tournament accidently and have 22 games waiting. How do I get off? Do my games count as lost? I feel like a dope. Thanks for your help
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 22:10
    Originally posted by Flea12
    Hi.. I am new and I have entered a tournament accidently and have 22 games waiting. How do I get off? Do my games count as lost? I feel like a dope. Thanks for your help
    If you have the 22 games waiting it means the tournament already started, you can not "get off" anymore. If you resign the games they count as loses. I think if you resign a game that is under 3 moves you do not lose any rating points. But its nicer if you would just play them ofcourse...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree