Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Jul '04 21:42
    I can't . I just get a page refresh.

Have just changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox and so I might be missing something? Site or me?

skeeter
  2. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    18 Jul '04 21:47
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I can't . I just get a page refresh.

Have just changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox and so I might be missing something? Site or me?

skeeter
    what do you mean?
  3. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Jul '04 21:53
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    what do you mean?
    I was wondering if my inability to log out was related to this site or to my new browser?

skeeter
  4. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    18 Jul '04 21:58
    I was wondering if my inability to [b]log out was related to this site or to my new browser?

skeeter[/b]
    Something similar to this happened to me when I started using Firefox instead of IE6, but then it cleared up.
    Not sure what caused it but it could be that when using it on IE I hadn't logged out from RHP before using Firefox. Make sure you are logged out of both browsers (your original browser, I am assuming it is IE) then try logging back in using the firefox.
    Not sure how feasible this is, I may be clutching at straws but this was happening to me, and something I did (I think) cleared it up.
  5. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    18 Jul '04 22:02
    I was wondering if my inability to [b]log out was related to this site or to my new browser?

skeeter[/b]
    o ok
  6. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    18 Jul '04 22:04
    Also running Mozilla (good riddance IE6), I have had no problems. Log out also works. I'm pretty sure if you delete the RHP cookies, and log on again, all will be well.
  7. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Jul '04 22:05
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    Something similar to this happened to me when I started using Firefox instead of IE6, but then it cleared up.
    Not sure what caused it but it could be that when using it on IE I hadn't logged out from RHP before using Firefox. Make sure you are logged out of both browsers (your original browser, I am assuming it is IE) then try logging back in using the fire ...[text shortened]... clutching at straws but this was happening to me, and something I did (I think) cleared it up.
    Thks eyeqpc, I'll try that. I get an annoying little pop-uptoo that says Windows can't find.....but it then goes and the page appearrs? May be the same thing?

skeeter
  8. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    18 Jul '04 22:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Also running Mozilla (good riddance IE6), I have had no problems. Log out also works. I'm pretty sure if you delete the RHP cookies, and log on again, all will be well.
    This sounds more feasible, as I deleted all my RHP cookies before the problem cleared up for me
  9. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    18 Jul '04 22:09
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    This sounds more feasible, as I deleted all my RHP before the problem cleared up for me
    how do you do that?
  10. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    18 Jul '04 22:11
    how do you do that?
    I used a cookie cleaner, mine was part of Norton Systemworks
  11. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    18 Jul '04 22:34
    how do you do that?
    On the Tools menu there is a Cookie Manager. Go to "Manage Stored Cookies". If RHP is all you care about, you can delete all cookies, or you can find www.redhotpawn.com related cookies in the cookie list and delete them individually. (I've never had any problems deleteing all cookies, other than having to log on again to the few sites that I am a member of)
  12. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    18 Jul '04 22:37
    I.E. 6?

I have never had any problems at all - with 6 or 5.5? What am I missing?
  13. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Jul '04 22:43 / 1 edit
    Yep, that all worked a treat except for the pop up?. Thanks all

skeeter

PS to Exy: get the Mozilla suite - you'll never go back to IE / OE.

Edit PS to Russ: What happened to the links to the alternate supported browsers on the home page??
  14. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    18 Jul '04 22:49
    In what sense? As I said, I have had no problems with I.E. 5.5 onwards - whether that's because I've used good security software in addition I don't know.

What is your complaint with I.E. that Mozilla / Opera avoids?
  15. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    18 Jul '04 22:51
    Originally posted by Exy
    In what sense? As I said, I have had no problems with I.E. 5.5 onwards - whether that's because I've used good security software in addition I don't know.

What is your complaint with I.E. that Mozilla / Opera avoids?
    Its the whole Mozilla package compared to IE, absolutely superb.
    Mutliple tabs really helps when playing loads of games.
    Loads more functions and support, besides Russ swears by it