logging in

Standard memberHOUSEOFWAX
Help 05 Sep '07 06:58
  1. Joined
    04 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 06:58
    Hi i'm new to playing on line chess. Can anyone tell me how to make logging in faster. I have to type in my full e-mail address and password every time its a real pain. My mates just put the first letter of their e-mail in and they get a prompt and the password comes on without any typing.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 08:004 edits
    Originally posted by HOUSEOFWAX
    Hi i'm new to playing on line chess. Can anyone tell me how to make logging in faster. I have to type in my full e-mail address and password every time its a real pain. My mates just put the first letter of their e-mail in and they get a prompt and the password comes on without any typing.
    Which browser are you using?
    In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    Click the Content tab.
    Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
    Select the check boxes for the AutoComplete options you want to use.
    Click OK twice.

Firefox
    Tools/Options/Privacy/check the boxes about remembering stuff.
    And the accept cooikies box. For "until they expire" if it's your own computer and not a public one.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 08:15
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    For "until they expire" if it's your own computer and not a public one.
    If it's your own computer, I'd suggest simply not logging out. If you sometimes log in from different browsers or computers, check "Enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account" under "Site Settings".
  4. Joined
    04 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 07:43
    Thank you very much for the info i now have saved details and can log in straight away.
  5. Joined
    04 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 07:45
    Thank you for the info you gave i tried it and now can log in and out within seconds instead of typing out the full monty.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 10:31
    Originally posted by HOUSEOFWAX
    ...the full monty.
    Tha would make a great username.

yours sincerely,
    TheFullMonty
    🙂
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 13:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Tha would make a great username.

yours sincerely,
    TheFullMonty
    🙂
    We can't use it - we already have usernames - and we're not allowed multiple accounts. 😕
  8. Joined
    04 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 06:49
    My mates about to join RHP and he likes the idea of that as a user name so watch out for that appearing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree