logons

Subscribersonhouse
Help 28 Dec '04 21:52
  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 21:52
    hi all, I am new here, have a question: If I am logged on with my comp at work, and I forget to logoff and I then try to logon at home, will the second logon be rejected? Not that I plan to do that but was curious. Thanks.
  2. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 23:251 edit
    no it wont.. u will have no problem doing that
    i often let the pc on.. loged on.. and later connect at university!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 23:33
    ok thanks! here's one more: I am playing a game and notice that with one email each move, I am getting a lot of email. Can I turn off email notification of moves? If so, how?
  4. Tbilisi,Georgia
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 23:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    ok thanks! here's one more: I am playing a game and notice that with one email each move, I am getting a lot of email. Can I turn off email notification of moves? If so, how?
    dont know if its possible to turn of the messages,my mailbox is already fool,just delete them🙂
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 00:05
    You can turn off e-mail notifications by going to the top of the page, click 'My Settings', go to 'My Site Settings', and clicking the box you will find there. Be sure to also go to the bottom of the page and click "update", or the changes will not be made.

Hope that helps.
    Marc
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 00:19
    Yeah, found that one! Thanks for the reply. Ok, I have now played two games and the first game had a link to send messages to the other player but now I don't have that link anymore, don't see anything in settings that controls that. How can I set it up to have words with opponent?
  7. London
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 00:46
    Yeah, found that one! Thanks for the reply. Ok, I have now played two games and the first game had a link to send messages to the other player but now I don't have that link anymore, don't see anything in settings that controls that. How can I set it up to have words with opponent?
    You can send messages in any game, but only when it's your turn.

To be precise, you can send a message at the same time as you make your move. Otherwise, you can use the in-site messaging feature - often referred to as PM (Personal Message) - which you can reach by going to "My Home" and clicking the Send Message link.
  8. London
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 00:51
    hi all, I am new here, have a question: If I am logged on with my comp at work, and I forget to logoff and I then try to logon at home, will the second logon be rejected? Not that I plan to do that but was curious. Thanks.
    By default, logging on at a second computer will end the login session on the first. You can change this by going to My Settings/My Site Settings and ticking the last checkbox, but don't do that if you ever use a shared computer (family, library or internet café😉
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 01:031 edit
    You can send a personal or private message to anyone, at any time, regardless of whether or not you are playing a game with them.

Just click on their username. That will open up their profile page, and on that page you will see a link that allows you to send them a message.

If someone sends you a message in this way, you will see a notification at the upper part of the page, next to "n games waiting". Just click on that and you will open the messages.

You can also go to 'My Home' and from there click on your 'inbox'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree